Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
frigidaire warranty

Posted by besthandyman (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 10:44

Hello,
I have a Frigidaire front load washer model FWT449GS1 that requires a new spider behind the drum. The spider drum assembly is under warranty for 24 years. Frigidaire will not give me a delivery date. Local appliance dealers say they have been waiting 2 months for these parts. Can
any members suggest any recourse? Spending a lot at the laundry-mat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: frigidaire warranty

I have a maytag French door refrigerator that shorted out the circuit board, blackening the board, and causing the fridge to quit. Luckily it didn't catch the house on fire. Unfortunately it was less than a week past it's one year anniversary. Whirlpool basically wanted me to wait a week before anyone could even come out to look at it. No, I wasn't going to live out of a cooler for a week. So I called around and found someone who came out that day and got it back running. What was irritating was he punched the control buttons in a specific order and at least got the thing running. Why couldn't customer service instructed me to try that until a tech could come out and look at the thing? I then paid to have a new part shipped ASAP and within a few days everything was fixed. Whirlpool would not pay for anything, even when I had the blackened part and was only wanting them to pay for the actual part. So I haven't bought a whirlpool product since that time. Since then I've bought 2 sets of washer/dryers, oven, microwave hood, and a dishwasher. Also, I have directed my Mother to other brands. The rude customer service has cost a lot more than the $75 part.

Anyway just saying the quickest fix won't be the cheapest. There is no way I would go that long without a washer. Either I would buy a new one and let them eventually fix the old and then sell it. Or just junk it, buy a new and move on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here