Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AFFRESH Question

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 10:35

Recently bought a Whirlpool Cabrio High Efficiency washer....Love it!
The instructions say to clean with AFFRESH once a month...My question is, if I do only one wash a week can I do the AFFRESH cleaning less often than once a month ( maybe every 2 months?)
I would not do anything to "harm" my new washer, so have been doing the once a month AFFRSH thing.
ALso, since I DO NOT use bleach ( too toxic) is there another natural fabric whitener I can add to my machine for whites? In my old machine, I added baking soda.....
Thanks!
Happy and Healthy New Year to you all.
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AFFRESH Question

Joyce, I don't know the answer to your Affresh question - the answer will depend most likely not on how many washes you do but what kind (cold, warm, hot or sanitary?) and what kind of detergent you use.

As to whitening, I would recommend oxygen bleach which works really well (but it will not work in cold washes, it needs higher temps to activate). IMO Ecover brand is best but I also had good results with Chlorox Green Works powder Oxygen Bleach. It is color safe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here