Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irkemaro

Electrolux Washer Door Rattle

irkemaro
12 years ago

We just had a new Electrolux IQ Washer installed. The store reversed the door for us before delivery. We just finished running a normal cycle (with no changes to the factory presets). Do any of you have a rattle during the spin cycle at the door latch? We found that if we pressed with slight pressure at that point, the rattle disappeared. Is there any adjustment that can be made? Thanks for your help.

Comments (18)

• fastonetime
    12 years ago

Hi there, i am looking into buying the wave touch. How is the spin cycle, does the washer vibrate alot? Maybe call service out and see if the door can be tighter against the seal.

• irkemaro
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Fastonetime, We've only washed 3 loads since Friday. There is definitely vibration as the spin speed changes, but once it is at speed, there is very little vibration (especially compared to our old washer). I hope this is normal!

I'm still hoping that current Electrolux owners will weigh in on whether or not they can hear a rattle at the door during their spin cycles.

• georgect
    12 years ago

@shel1776...
    I don't own an Electrolux (but it's my #1 choice when I need to replace my current TL).

No, the door should not rattle. Sounds like something wasn't done correctly when they reversed the door. It seems like the door isn't being pulled in tight enough and there is some play and therefore rattles on spin.
    Call the store and ask to speak the manager and explain your issue. It should be pretty easy to make a tightening.

Let us know how you make out.

• larsi_gw
    12 years ago

I had the Wave Touch...and there was ZERO rattle, even on Max Spin. I did not like the washer or dryer, but I will give credit, where credit is due. You could have put several crystal glasses on top of the washer during spin...it was SO quiet and balanced!!!

• irkemaro
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've put in a call to the store. I hope it will be an easy fix.

• silvercanadian
    12 years ago

I've got the Wave-Touch. The door does not rattle and it is VERY solid when spinning and my laundry room is on the main floor. I use the max spin speed on several loads per week and the machine has never changed it's clearance distance from the cabinet on the left and dryer on the right.

• bonesoda
    11 years ago

Any update on door rattle? I discovered the door rattle on high speed rinse as well.

• irkemaro
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jmith, When we called the repair people, they came and said that the rattle was within the realm of normal. I have to admit that we don't notice it anymore.

• bonesoda
    11 years ago

@shell1776: I had a feeling as i took apart the latch assembly and it looks like they have purposely made the latch to have a good amount of play 1/4" or so... i will "modify" the latch and report back re: rattle.

• bonesoda
    11 years ago

So i spent most of the evening doing laundry and i think i have solved the door rattle problem.

The felt tape i have is a bit too wide and it doesnt stick very well to itself so i ended up using electricians tape and just put 3 layers on the inside of the latch (the gap and towards the door side) Don't wrap it around just on the inside. Cut a piece about 1/8" or smaller to wrap.

Seems to have solved the door rattle problem, door is a bit firm to open. If you decide to do this you will have to play with the amount of layers for the electricians tape, i am assuming different machines have different amount of play... i also have the door reversed as i have the dryer on the left and washer on the right.

• fastonetime
    11 years ago

Hi there, i have a 70's series and my door doesnt rattle at all!

• bonesoda
    11 years ago

@fastonetime:

it usually rattles only on the final max spin which is super fast!

are your doors open on the default side or you switched them?

• fastonetime
    11 years ago

Hi there. My dooor is default, I never switched it. I just put my washer on a pedestal and did a few loads and the door rattled during the jeans cycle. It never rattled off the pedestal. Doesn't bother me as the washer is in the garage!

• georgect
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

OK, I'm bringing this thread back to life.
    Is there a way to tighten up some play with the doors because I do get a rattle now and then with the washer and there's a tiny one on the dryer.
    If you push on the door a hair the rattle stops.

I read bonesoda's post but I don't get it.

Is there a way to reduce play? There is no adjustment screw that I can see.

• larsi_gw
    8 years ago

The only noise I hear sometimes is on my Wave Touch 70 Series dryer. All 3 units have done this since they debuted 2010/2011. There can be a high pitched, yet faint squeak. When you press on the top of the metal cabinet or press on the front fascia and the rear of the machine at the same time (use your arms like a vice), the noise goes away. It is very minor, and the dryer work so well, I am not too bothered!!

• User
    8 years ago

My 60 series washer door does not rattle, it sticks when opening. Need to get this fixed. Such a fussy washer being the drawer and door. Otherwise I really like my machine.

• larsi_gw
    8 years ago

Mark....have your tried spraying a small amount of WD-40 on the latch mechanism on the door and a quick spritz inside the door where the door latch goes ("male into female")? Also, the manual states wiping the door bellows/rubber with a small amount of Pledge works.

The one time my last 70 Series door stuck a tad, and was slow to respond when opening...the WD-40 solved the problem immediately!! :)

• User
    8 years ago

I'm not sure where its sticking, when I push it to open it does to a point. Then I have to grab it from the side of it to fully open.