Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher&Paykel GWL11 Display

Posted by Dave0654 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 14, 10 at 9:35

5 year old F&P washer model GWL11 will not respond when membrane buttons are pressed. Some indicators are illuminated. Same indicators illuminate after cycling power and does not correct. It's unusually cold here with washroom in unheated area and temperature 45-50 deg. Could low temperature be the cause? Thanks in advance for any suggestions on correcting the problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher&Paykel GWL11 Display

Low ambient temperature doesn't seem likely to have such an effect ... although anything is possible. Try running a space heater in the area for a while, raise the temp 10�F or so, see if that has any effect. If not, possibly one (or more) of the display module buttons is stuck. There are no specific tests on the buttons, it's just a matter of do they work/respond or not. The touch panel is an overlay that adheres to the console. There are tiny switches on the display module beneath at each button location.

o
RE: Fisher&Paykel GWL11 Display

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to respond. I unplugged each component connector on the control board with power off and then reconnected power to see if there was any change in the display and there wasn't. So I began pressing the buttons and noticed that the combination of lights would change when I cycled power. I also began getting beeps that I had not gotten before. After quite a bit of button pushing and some firm tapping on the back of the display panel, it began working and a load is almost finished. Thank you again for your time and suggestions, Dadoes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here