Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stir_fryi

Speed Queen Gentle Cycle

Overall, I like my SQ but I used the Delicate cycle for the third time -- it is kind of a joke.

I swear it agitates only twice for about 30 seconds. The rest of the time it just sits there soaking. Then before you know it -- it drains.

I am all for gentle, but it doesn't even seem like it washed the clothes!

Comments (10)

• dadoes
    9 years ago

Again, someone asking a question without including the model number of the appliance.

Is this a 1-speed machine? It's common on some 1-speeders that the designated delicate cycle runs intermittent agitation for lack of any other way to get a more gentle action.

Some SQs have separate Delicate and Handwash cycles. Handwash is more gentle.

• mrb627
    9 years ago

Well, now you know the difference between the AWN432 and the AWN542. On the 542, you would have been able to run the regular cycle with the delicate wash/spin speed without having the soak periods.

MRB

• smith02_gw
    9 years ago

mrb627 is correct, I've used the delicate wash/spin with excellent results on my AWN542.

Questions to dadoes, just curious;

Did the clothes come out clean?
    Any clothes damaged at all on the delicate cycle?
    Are you sure the washer did not agitate further during the cycle before it went to spin?
    It seems the cycle is not meeting your expectations so what were you expecting for a cycle that attempts to mimic hand washing?

• markb
    9 years ago

Reading comprehension seems to have taken a back seat on this thread. Dadoes was not the poster asking the question. Smith02, go back and re-read the thread.

• smith02_gw
    9 years ago

Correct markb, no excuses, just screwed up.

Questions to stir_fryi, just curious;

Did the clothes come out clean?
    Any clothes damaged at all on the delicate cycle?
    Are you sure the washer did not agitate further during the cycle before it went to spin?
    It seems the cycle is not meeting your expectations so what were you expecting for a cycle that attempts to mimic hand washing?

• triedandtrue
    9 years ago

Also have the awn 432......and it does agitate several times in between pauses. No worries.

• triedandtrue
    9 years ago

Also have the awn 432......and it does agitate several times in between pauses. No worries.

• triedandtrue
    9 years ago

Also have the 432 model. It agitates slowly; at least a few times between pauses,...don't really use it much. No worries though

• azmom
    9 years ago

I don't get it....Our SQ washer is 432. DH uses delicate cycle quite often, he never encountered any problem.

I use the cycle to wash clothes made of knit, silk and cashmere all the time, they always turn out fresh and clean. In fact this weekend while I put a cashmere sweater on the drying rack, I commented that SQ made the sweater so clean, fluffy and yummy.

• azmom
    9 years ago

Hello Stir,

You are right the gentle wash cycle is short. But our laundry is always clean and fresh from delicate cycle.

May be we are not as active as young kids so those clothes are not that dirty to begin with??

Nonetheless, we love love our SQ.