Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Questions about new electrolux

Posted by lmm1845 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 31, 10 at 8:59

Hi there. Just had our new electrolux wave w/d set installed a few days ago and i have a couple of questions for those of you that have them...

1). Leaving the door ajar. It seems like it is either all the way open or closed with no way to keep it open just a little. Ours is a laundry closet so the way it is now the big closet door has tobe open all the way so the washer can stay open. Saw someone mention that they were able to leave open just a bit and I'm hoping to find out how

2). After the wash there is about an inch of water in the two right hand cups of the dispenser. Manual says there might be a little but they are basically full. I tried leaving dispenser open and the next day they were still half full which makes me concerned to close it for mold. Because of the tight fit in the closet we would have to leave the closet doors open for days to give enough time for dispenser to dry.

Are these issues with my machines specifically? Any advice on how to resolve?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Questions about new electrolux

I had the SAME issues when I had a Wave Touch set for a few weeks. The doors (which drove me crazy) are open or shut. What we did was use a bungee cord on the little metal clasp hook by the inside of the glass door, and just hooked it (end of hook was rubber coated!!) the rubber boot seal/ring. Looked like hell, but kept the door ajar a few inches and allowed the inside to air out.

After I am done with laundry, I NEVER leave the soap tray in the machine. I either leave it in the sink next to the washer, or just put the tray on top of the machine, on a small microfiber towel or something. This way, with the door ajar (via the bungee cord) and the soap tray removed...the machine can thoroughly air out. I do the same with ALL my Mieles (alas no bungee corde needed :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here