Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele W1903 water inlet hose

Posted by potterylady (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 11 at 7:18

Does anyone know if I can use a standard steel braided water inlet hose on my Miele W1903 washer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele W1903 water inlet hose

More info for my previous post. The spare braided hose that I have has 2 straight ends as compared to the Miele that has one straight end and one 90 degree elbow end. I also noticed that the spares do not have mesh screens. I hope someone can tell me if I can use this.

o

Yes, you can use it.

o

You definitely need those screens on both ends. If you can fit them into the new hose, fine. If not, don't go without them, they protect the extremely small water orifices within the water inlet pathway. If you get debris within the sealed plenum that the water flows through you will need a much more expensive replacement part and possibly a costly installation if you don't work on the machines yourself.

Be very careful getting the screens out of the old hose, as they are quite fragile. If you tear one, new ones can be purchased from Miele. Before you purchase new screens (if needed) make sure they will fit in the new hose. New Miele hoses are very expensive, IIRC $60, which is absurd. The screens aren't pricey, by themselves.

HTH,

L.

o

Thanks for the answers. A friend stopped in and helped me use the original Miele hose that I thought was leaking. All I needed to do was add a rubber washer and tighten it, boy do I feel stupid! Now to tackle the dryer hook up. Looks like my good deal on a Miele washer dryer is going to cost a little more bringing in the electric line I need for the Miele double receptacle. Can't wait to use these machines, have been reading about them on this forum for some time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here