Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
which washer is best for handwashing

Posted by hchristie (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 5:51

I am looking for the best washing machine brand and make for handwashing super delicate clothing.

I am considering the top loader lg wave force, whirlpool cabrio, maytag bravia and their matching dryers. I am also trying to get the best for cleaning pillow and other non washable stuff so am leaning toward the lg model that steams things in the dryer on a rack. The lg also has a stainless steel drum, direct steam option in the dryer and the direct drive, no belts to wear out, and largest capacity.

Thank you for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: which washer is best for handwashing

I cannot tell you which brand is the best for that but I have a front loading Samsung and it is very easy on clothing on the delicate cycle. I also put some of those items in the little mesh laundry washing bags. I can wash about anything I need to with no problems.. from a King Size comforter to delicate antique quilts or crocheted items with not problems at all. I have been more then happy with my Samsung's....In addition to being quiet running and spinning my clothes come out very clean. It has several cycles to pick from but I wash most of my clothing on the quick cycle, the quick cycle has 3 levels to choose from, light, medium, or heavy. I use the heavy, which is a 33 minute cycle....The only time I might use the Normal wash cycle which is 58 minutes is on loads of whites or extra sweaty golf clothing. Hope this helps you some... I know purchasing a washer these days is a tough decision.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here