Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clean_laundry_lover

New washer installation questions

Hello,

I've just purchased a Miele W1213 washer and have a few installation and use questions. So, here goes:

1.) I'm repurposing an old stove outlet for use with this 240V machine. I've already replaced the outlet to the correct one. Now my question is at the fuse box. It takes cartridge fuses and right now has two 40V cartridges. Now Miele asks for a 15A circuit. So, do I replace the cartridges with 15A ones or with 7.5A ones or something different all together? Also, on the serial plate it reads: Max ampacity: L1 12A L2 12A. This would seem to go with my latter choice but I honestly don't know.

1a.) Do both these cartridges trip if there is a fault? Or is this dangerous somehow? And if they both don't trip is there some sort of retrofit to cause them both to trip or make it safer?

2.) I've cleaned the outside of the machine but I want to know how to clean the insides. It smells a but musty and there is a little mould on the boot, but nothing major. I've cleaned the detergent drawer inside and out as well as the area that it slides in to.

3.) There is a bit if damage to the front control panel. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement for cheap? I bet Miele would charge an arm & some other body part for it.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for any help.

Comments (3)