kellycal_gw

Electrolux has come down in price...

kellycal
13 years ago

Which washer dryer should I buy?

Electrolux

Whirlpool

Samsung

I need help. Please respond if you have used one of these and love it or hate it.

I'm looking for a long term review vs those who may have just purchased in within the last 6 mos.

Comments (7)

• gates1
    13 years ago

I have a 9 yr old Kenmore He3t which is made my whirpool. The only issue I have had with it is the water pump went out while it was under warranty. The pump didnt quit, it just made a awful grinding noise. Im sure had I cleaned out the sump trap this would of not happened. I cannot say anything bad about my washer, it has exceeded all my expectations. It has a internal heater that works in other cycles, besides whitest whites and Sanitary. I cannot comment on the newest whirlpools that just recently deputed, but I have never had mold, or a bad smell in mine, as I do not over load it with detergent, fabric softener and I do wash clothes in warm and hot water on a regular basis. This helps prevent build up in your machine. Id I take a flashlight and hold it close to my drum, I can see the outer drum and the heating element. No build up on them what so ever, so that makes me happy. My whites look like the day I bought them and I do not use chlorine bleach, oxiclean or any other additive, just high quality detergent thats all and Fabric softener. I hope this helps out you

• kellycal
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks gates1. The appliance store we are purchasing from isn't Sears so we didn't really consider Kenmore. My mother in law has one and she love it.

• mara_2008
    13 years ago

I never understood why Electrolux was priced so high to begin with. I saw complaints about it from Day One. Hopefully the bugs have been worked out now.

My DIL owns a Whirlpool Cabrio (HE toploader) and loves it. She has owned it about 3 years and has raved about it from the beginning. She and my DS have four children, he works a part-time outdoors job where he gets really dirty/greasy, so she washes lots of clothes, including tough dirt/grease. But she says she's never had any problem getting anything clean.

• gates1
    13 years ago

My next near soon washer will be a HE TL, because I do not feel like spending a fortune for a lux because it is one of the few FL's to have a reversing door, other than Asko. NOt to mention the pedistals to the tune of 500 a set. I cant beleive that for the price of a meile, they do not offer this feature. I am seriously stuck between a LG HE TL with the heater and a Bravos 850 model. I keep weight the pluses and cons of each machine and here I stand undecided. I love the fact that the bravos uses hotter water to enter the machine and I can turn on the heater on 98% of the cycles. LG is factory set for Bright whites and Sanitary only. Hot wash consists of 120 degree, if I am not happy than I would use the sanitary cycle on it. I am not sure of the wash temps for the bravos, but I know with it I can use the heater for warm and hot which I like. Its hard to find reviews on the 850 bravos, the few I have read are mixed to no end. Wrinkles, clothes not clean, and some cases not even wet. I do like the extra water option on the LG. Mara, if yor reading this, please advise as you seem like you know how to properly use your Bravos machine and get great results out of it. I also do like the fact that the Bravos dryer door opening is higher up on the LG as I am 6ft 1 and dont feel like crawling on the floor to unload it. Yes my Kenmore set of pedistals spoiled me on that. I just dont want to buy something, and have to go through the BS to return it for something else. But it is between Wave force and Bravos as it stands

• suburbanmd
    13 years ago

It's unusual to hear of a happy FL owner buying an HE TL. It'll be interesting to see what you think of the new machine when you get it.

• gates1
    13 years ago

Yes it is unusual to hear isnt it Suburbanmd. I will of course the doing a post on it when I buy it. My fridge is top priority, which I must say is a whole lot easy than a washer.

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    13 years ago

I've had terrible problems with smelly clothes in my two year old Electrolux front loader. They're giving me my money back shortly.

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America