Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is in your upper cabinets in laundry room?

Posted by Momto3kiddos (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 21:15

I am planning the layout of my laundry room in a new build. The room is 11x9 with an extra 2ft deep bumpout for hanging clothes, ironing board storage, etc. I have the laundry sink and FL washer and dryer along one wall with a run of upper and lower cabinets on another wall... making and L shape. I plan to fold clothes on this countertop and leave room for laundry baskets underneath the counter. I am planning upper cabinets, but besides detergent, dryer sheets, stain removers, that will live above W/D, what will I put in my upper cabinets? I have a utility space elsewhere for tools and such. I am just considering if I should do without some of the uppers and create a gift wrap station or something else instead. So, what is in your upper cabinets?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is in your upper cabinets in laundry room?

I am not fortunate enough to have a laundry room with upper cabinets but I have seen others who store seasonal kids items - gloves, boots, etc., there. Or pet-related supplies. Or emergency supplies for a disaster. If you don't need the storage - and I am very envious - it might be better used, as you said, for something else like gift wrapping. Or maybe I could store my iron, ironing board, steamer and seasonal clothes there. :)

I will probably never build a house from scratch but it sure would be nice to have it built to my specs and needs. Enjoy your new house.

o

Light bulbs, vases, old towels, cleaning supplies, things I only need once in a while. Probably could get rid of some of it. I do go through it occasionally, but it seems to fill up again

o

Besides detergent.....candles, flashlights, dog grooming tools and heart worm pills-etc, light bulbs, sunblock, my tools (2 screw drivers, a hammer), glue, permanent markers........basically a hodge podge of stuff that has no other home.

Ours could really use a good clean out too - as you can see it's really a multipurpose space!

o

Ours is similar to Autumn & Kris above--extra towels, pool/beach towels, extra sheet sets, old towels, light bulbs, batteries, a few tools, flashlights/lanterns, craft supplies, etc. I like having the extra storage available as I don't know where I would stash all that stuff without it.

o

Ours is similar to Autumn & Kris above--extra towels, pool/beach towels, extra sheet sets, old towels, light bulbs, batteries, a few tools, flashlights/lanterns, craft supplies, etc. I like having the extra storage available as I don't know where I would stash all that stuff without it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here