Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggiewp_gw

Help. Which LG front loader washer?

maggiewp
11 years ago

I'm in the market for a new washer/dryer and Home Depot has some great specials right now. What I am having trouble deciding is which front loader I need. Do I need the one that specifies that is has a ColdWash feature. Will I wish I had the turbo (speeds up wash time)feature. And is the steam feature in the washer a good thing. My inclination is to go with the entry level FL (3.6 DOE cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer Model # WM2250CW) but if anyone thinks the extra features are worth it, I'd appreciate hearing about it. We are a family of 5, but I don't necessarily think I need a bigger washer (4.0 or larger) because we do laundry fairly often (sports uniforms that need to be washed in short order!)

And yes, I know some folks don't like LG, but I'm OK with the brand, we have good service folks locally and I am aware that I will need to wipe out the washer and keep the door ajar. I did see that there is a magnetic latch on new models that keeps the door from closing completely for airing it out, but I don't see how it will help much (since it really doesn't keep it open much at all).

And maybe I should get the extended warranty just in case?

Comments (6)