Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kdidl_gw

Bosch Axxis+ 2460 Problems

kdidl
13 years ago

We bought our Bosch Axxis set in January, 2005 (just under 6 years ago). The only problem we had is that the control panel readout was becoming hard to read, like the letters and numbers were being erased over time. This was all in the last year or so. Yesterday it stopped spinning and the repairman came out today and said the motor will not work at all and that the readout could indicate that the microprocessors are going out. You would think there would be some kind of diagnostic test that could be done to determine if the microprocessors are toast or not. He is calling me back tomorrow with the numbers and options. He said we can try to fix the motor (he suspects the brushes) and see if that will work, but he is concerned about the readout and the fact that when he ran it through the paces in different settings, it would give weird messages like "fluffing laundry" when it obviously wasn't. It won't give him any error codes.

It is ridiculous that a washer that cost us $1100 dollars can't even make it 6 years. I don't know if we should throw any money into it or not. The repairman said that the average lifespan for appliances anymore is approximately 7 to 10 years. Really? I remember the day when we had our appliances for more than 20 years. Any advise would be appreciated.

Kathy

Comments (2)