Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washer without electronics

Posted by sdale1 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 25, 10 at 20:31

Any recommendation for a decent FL washer without electro-mechanical controls? My 10 year old frigidaire gallery FL washer never needed service, or smelled. Now I need a new washer for my daughter. She washes everything on "Normal" and either hot or cold water. I appreciate any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washer without electronics

The answer is SPEED QUEEN. It seems that most manufacturers are determined to "wow" you with new features you may never use, just to try to gain an advantage over the other manufacturer that are attempting the same thing. Speed Queen has a long history of building "no nonsense" heavy duty commercial and home laundry that outlasts the equipment of the other brands. Who else in the industry offers a standard 3 year parts and labor warranty for home use and even allows the same models to be used commercially under a 3 year parts warranty?

o

Yep speed queen is a no electronic washer. No ATC, heaters, digital controls and 45 minutes cycles. i think they are expensive though. the imperial series is 2 grand for the washer

o

Maybe I'm wrong, but the SQ frontloaders on their web site do seem to have electronic controls. The "timer" is a rotary dial, but it looks to me to be a selector for a control board rather than a true mechanical timer.

o

I'm really fed up with the electronic controls on most of the appliances. I had purchased a new stainless dishwasher when we remodeled our kitchen and sure enough, the touch pad was the first thing to go. I scrapped the unit and just said enough and looked until I found one with electro-mechanical controls. Look at the specs on their sites....it'll tell you what contols it uses.

o

Is the FL model AFB50R the only unit they produce with an in-line heater?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here