Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Questions about Sodium Percarbonate, STTP and Oxy Bleaches

Posted by covingtoncat (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 6, 10 at 20:12

Why use Oxy-blend bleaches when access to pure Sodium Percarbonate is readily available? Is there something added to OxyBoost or Ecover that makes it work better or is better for your fabrics?

Also how does STPP fit in to the mix? Is it only helpful when you have hard water ( I don't)? Does it boost detergent performance when you have relatively soft water?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Questions about Sodium Percarbonate, STTP and Oxy Bleaches

Ecover = 100% pure sodium percarbonate, no other additives

Don't know about OxyBoost. I have a water softener and can tell you that STPP in my wash makes no difference in cleaning. If anything, it makes the clothing more difficult to rinse.

o

If you use too much STPP in your wash, it creates a lot of suds and that can be hard to rinse out.

o

Thanks for the clarification. So no STPP for me. And yes to either generic Sodium Perborate or Ecover/OxyBoost.

o

NOT sodium perborate - that is different than sodium percarbonate. Just clarifying :)

o

Whoops! Yes, sorry. I meant Sodium Percarbonate. Having issues today. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here