Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux washer service manual?

Posted by silvercanadian (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 20:06

Is there somewhere I can download the service manual for the Electrolux Wave Touch washer EWFLS70J? I just need to know where to pull/press/pry to pop off the front plastic panel around the control knob and buttons. The repair guy who replaced it today for cosmetic issues put it back on poorly so the buttons didn't work, and he was called back to redo it and now the buttons work but it's still not on correctly and the buttons are all sitting back way too far and don't push nicely compared to the dryer. I don't want him back since he lost a screw that he didn't replace and obviously can't put a panel on correctly. I'm competent in doing it myself, but don't want to bust the panel pulling/prying it off in the wrong place since I don't know where the clips are located.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux washer service manual?

Try the Sears parts site - enter that model number, for 'type of search' choose "model # search", then click on GO. You'll get a list of about five complete model numbers, choose the one that's actually on the placard inside the washer door, or on the back of the appliance on a label. From there, you can get detailed diagrams of the breakdown of either the control panel or the cabinet, and by clicking on the plus or minus signs and pushing the diagram around with your mouse, or clicking on "full size", you should be able to figure out what you need. I don't know if they have an actual service manual online, but the parts diagrams should be enough in this situation.

o
RE: Electrolux washer service manual?

That was helpful. Thanks very much. Electrolux customer service would not provide me with a service manual or parts diagram. They said they did not have them and only their authorized service centres had them. Frustrating. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here