Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meisocal

Help with Laundry Set Up

meisocal
10 years ago

My laundry pair is set up side by side next to my water heater in the garage (w/h-dryer-washer). The water heater is in the corner of an exterior wall and an interior wall. When the side door on the exterior wall is open the door covers the water heater. I am in the process of switching out my water heater and need some input from others regarding on my thoughts with the configuration and adding a utility sink since the plumber will already be at the house.

The original thought was to have shelves installed below the water heater. Change the laundry pair to a stacked configuration where the dryer is now and place the sink where the washer is now. However, I was thinking that then we would have the added expense of new w&d because the current ones are not stackable and reconfiguration of additional water lines and dryer vents and gas lines (gas dryer) probably be necessary.

I was thinking that we would just change the water heater and have it mounted a little higher than normal so that we can have the sink installed below it. We would then only have to change the swing of the door to the opposite direction. With the saved expense, we could then just add better storage above the w&d.

There is some space between washer and the entry door into house right now, but DH has been wanting to put his new gun safe there and I like the idea, because I can put my jewelry there as well. That space only fits a typical book case there now that we use for storage.

I know I have been kind of rambling, but any thoughts to help me clarify this would be helpful as the w/h has been making a lot of knocking noises and is making me nervous.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Comments (2)