Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
US Appliance experience

Posted by sscottshiv (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 15:35

I ordered a Speed Queen washer and dryer on 10/06/2011 and they arrived today 11/03/2011. The ordering experience was fairly straight forward. They were not the friendliest people in the world but they did not try to sell me any additional merchandise.

I expected an estimated ship date soon after I ordered but after a week of not hearing from them I sent them an email asking for a ship date. They responded fairly quickly and told when they had a ship date they would email me. That email did not come until 10/18/2011.They were annoyed that I asked about a ship date before I received an email from them.

Overall, it was not a bad experience and I would order from them again. I do not know why it took almost a month to get my washer and dryer. I did request white glove delivery so maybe that takes longer or maybe the fact that I bought Speed Queen. The reviews that I have read about them pretty much reflect my experience. Their prices are reasonable but be prepared for a long wait on the delivery. The white glove delivery went as advertised. They unboxed the washer and dryer and put them where I asked.

I ordered from US Appliance because there is only one store in Austin that sells Speed Queen and they had 13 bad reviews and one good one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: US Appliance experience

More than likely, US Appliance didn't have your machine on hand and they had to get it from Speed Queen. They proabably held your order until they could place an order for enough machines to get some quantity discount or something like that.

Seems they should inform the consumer about situations like this. But they may fear you would have taken your business elsewhere if you knew it would be so long.

I ordered a SQ set back in December of 09. I was informed a few days later that it would be 4 to 6 weeks before my machines would arrive at the reseller. I was given the option to cancel my order for a refund, but chose to switch to another SQ model that they had in stock.

MRB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here