Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lance_w

*Warning* WHIRLPOOL extended warranty scam part 2

lance.w
11 years ago

Well, I wish I had read this forum about 3 days ago...I would have avoided this plan due to previous complaints. Had a Whirlpool Duet dryer stop working with an F01 code. It is about 5 years old so I called the whirlpool number in the owners manual for service. They say they would be glad to set me up with a repair plus one extended warranty plan for 323.00. After talking to local repair guys apparently the F01 problem is the main circuit board needs replaced and the part cost is around 200.00. Seemed like a pretty good deal. However after waiting 3 days the repair company shows up to run a diagnostics test on our machine and says he doesn't have the part and will be back in 5 days. I told him I explained to whirlpool that the error code F01 was coming up on the dry display and the repair man said that if he knew that he could have had the part on the truck. After talking with whirlpool at length about the F01 code and the part needed to be replace, do you know what whirlpool put on the description line of "problem with appliance?" They put "NOT WORKING." So I figured OK not happy with this service, the 3 local guys I called said they could fix same day or next day and knew the part that needed replace by the F01 error code....I will cancel this awful repair plus one plan....not so fast... you can't cancel unless you notify them in writing and probably will be charged for the service call. Well whirlpool, you lost a previously happy customer. This sub par service reflects poorly on whirlpool (after all I called the number in the owners manual) and I will not purchase another whirlpool appliance. Next time I will give Samsung or LG a try.