Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
washer machine power button

Posted by loren11 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 15:03

the power button has not been working well, just sporadically..now the power will NOT come on at all..its an avanti front loader. have tried unplugging, but nothing helps..am a female with no skills on taking it apart..so thats out of the question.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: washer machine power button

First I would check and make sure it's not your electric circuit. Plug something else in, such as a hair dryer or a radio, and make sure it is working correctly.

Also, sometimes the electrical outlets become loose(worn) and won't hold the plug securily. If you kind of jiggle or rock the plug slowly does it then work?

I just want you to check to make sure it's not the electrical connection instead of the washer. Since you state you have no repair skills, that way you will know who to call, electrician or washer repairman.

o

thanx for reply..yes did check that, its fine..as for repairs i doubt if i would spend what it costs to call a licensed plumbe, machine is 8 yrs old only paid $400 for it..time for a new one.

o

At worst you need an appliance repair person. It isn't a bad living but they aren't pulling down what a plumber makes where I live - if the problem is just a minor short you are not looking at a complicated or expensive repair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here