Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need medium capacity, quiet washer with heater

Posted by cme10ae (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 14:56

I'm getting frustrated looking for a new washer. Our current machine is 2.7 cu ft and can't wash a queen size (thin) comforter. I'd like something larger, but now that our boys have grown up we don't need anything over about a 4.0. Most of the loads I wash are on the smaller side, with the exception of bedding. I'd like an integrated heater and even better would be one that is user friendly and versatile so I could choose my own heat levels. On top of that the laundry are is integrated into our kitchen/living area, so it needs to be quiet too.

I was almost set to buy the Maytag Maxima (the 7000 model) but it just seems like I'd be under-using the capacity. Am I over thinking this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need medium capacity, quiet washer with heater

Look into Frigidaire for a good basic washer:
http://www.frigidaire.com/products/Laundry/Washers/FFFW5100PW.aspx

Electrolux (Frigidaire's higher end line) for more features:

http://www.electroluxappliances.com/Washers-Dryers/Washing-Machines/Washing-Machine/EIFLW50LIW.aspx

Links are to the lower tier of washers but with decent capacity and with integrated heater.

More money gets you larger capacity, more options, faster spin speeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here