Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o

Posted by SQAWN542 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 14:34

Purchased Speed Queen AWN542 about 2 months ago. Really enjoying a simple to use washer that cleans my clothes very well.

Hope to share my experiences with this fine machine along with what I learned in researching a replacement for the GE profile that gave up the ghost after 14 trouble free years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New member

SQAWN542 aka Washman from automaticwasher.org?

o

Yes indeed. Due to mitigating circumstances, I have left that forum and found this one.

o

Yeah... I read your thread on aw.org just this very minute. What a shame. Hope you'll like it here.

Alex

o

Hi SQAWN542 and welcome to the Laundry Room. While I'm not a member AWO, just haven't got around to joining, I did so enjoy your posts and vids. as well as the ads. As a fellow 542 owner, I look forward to all your input and experiences. Oh, and I agree with you all the way.
While it seems most members on here are into HE, it's nice to have an old school fan on board.:)

o

The Rifleman slinging Speed Queen...cool! Oh, and welcome aboard.

o

Hi and welcome ! I used to be on that website as agiflow several years back. I too purchased a speed queen back in march and must say these are excellent machines. Have yet to have an unbalanced load bang on the cabinet or make the machine walk.Very smooth quiet spin and great washing.
Have model AWN432. One thing I notice during wash. The tub in mine leans back and to the right towards the control knob, but is always balanced after spin. I hear this is normal though.

o

I look forward to sharing good experiences with the AWN 542. The last of the old school machines that does laundry w/o making it a torture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Washing mixed load of clothes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here