Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sprtphntc7a

LG 'OE' error code

sprtphntc7a
9 years ago

hi all,

just wanted to post to help anyone else....
i have an LG FL washer circa 2006
got the "OE" code...drained, cleaned filter, unclogged hose...
worked for 3 cycles, then "OE" again...
i diagnosed it myself, ordered the drain pump motor and fixed it myself....
ladies, u can do it!!!!!

called for service and was told $90-$140 per visit....that price would be applied toward the labor...told motor would be $76....
so was looking at about $200...
ordered the part for $46...
so saved around $150!!!! YAH!!!!
watched a you tube video, which was awesome and completed the job myself....all i needed was a flat head & phillips screwdriver and pliers....
i hope repair people read this to realize your prices are outrageous....now don't get me wrong, i don't mind paying for things, but that is just way too high for me....
it did take me about 45 mins to put back together, but i am sure they can do it ALOT faster than me....
there is so much info out there today, u can do so much yourself unlike years ago when we did not have so much easy access to information...
so if some appliance breaks and if u are so inclined, look into the repair yourself...
DH was working 12 hour days, 7 days a week, so he was no help...his answer was "Just call someone"...
but when i get fixated on something, i just attack it full on and i was so determined to fix it....little determination goes a long way...
always be safe and unplug your appliance!!

Comments (4)