Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
littlejo1_gw

Stacking different size dryer and washing machine

LittleJo1
9 years ago

Here's my story:
We're moving (hopefully before the end of the month) from a rented place to our own home (new build). We have almost all appliances from Miele and would like to get a Miele washing machine and dryer as well.
However, I can't afford them right now so I will be moving with what I currently own: Bosch Avantixx washing machine and Bosch Maxx Dryer. The trouble is I only have space to stack them (since the space was designed with Miele combo in mind) and they have different depths (dryer is about 4 cm deeper).
My question is: could I still stack them without major issues? Was thinking of putting a wooden board in between to distribute the weight since I cannot find a connector to properly fit both sizes. That might be really stupid but it's the only idea I have so far.
If it can't be done under any circumstance, I have 3 options: live without a dryer until next year (would be hard since I got used to having it), move the dryer on the first floor (washing machine would be on the 2nd) and carry wet clothes down the stairs or borrow some money from my parents, (hopefully) sell what I have and buy the Miele washing machine/dryer combo.
Any advice?
Thank you!

Comments (2)