Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
izeve

Impressed with Tide w/Bleach HE Powder

izeve
12 years ago

I know others on this board like it and use it but I was sceptical because of poor experience with liquid Tide Free & Clear. But I have been using Tide with Bleach HE Powder for a few weeks now and every time I do a load with it, I am impressed. Excellent cleaning ability and rinses well. Smells good too. Last weekend I was doing laundry after a week without power (October Nor'easter). I had some smelly gym clothes that sat in the hamper for almost 2 weeks since I couldn't do laundry the previous weekend. I thought I would have to throw them out but I decided to try Tide first. I washed the load on Hot and added an extra rinse. All yucky smells were totally gone! And my white loads come out really clean and bright too!

I'm going out today in search of another box of it before they stop making it again.

Comments (11)

• livebetter
    12 years ago

@izeve, are you trying to torture me?? Since I couldn't find it on my last trip to Buffalo ...

Glad you like it. I'll try and find next time.

I did finally get my hands on the new Seventh Generation powder (Real Citrus and Wild Lavender). It is really very good. Much better then their previous powder. According to CR it ranked not too far behind Tide. I find it cleans very well (and no optical brighteners).

• Cavimum
    12 years ago

@livebetter - I wish you lived closer---I would give you mine. I have some Tide w/Bleach HE powder, tried it, and the scent is too strong for my nose. I'm very allergic to pine and that's what it reminds me of, so that might be part of my issues with it.

• Nunyabiz1
    12 years ago

I like the Tide Advanced Power HE Liquid which seems to be only available at Costco.
    At about $19 with the $2.50 off coupon for 170oz size is about .23 cents a load.

I think it is the same as the Tide HE Plus Bleach Alternative.

• gates1
    12 years ago

Tide with bleach powder smelling like pine? What in the world???? I use it and it certainly does not smell like pine, just a nice light clean scent. Its very easy to find it around here, I see it in most stores too. I wonder if you got a box that had some pinesol spilled on it.

• livebetter
    12 years ago

I thought is smells like regular Tide HE powder which I find soapy and clean smelling?

• larsi_gw
    12 years ago

Yeah, I have to 100% agree with gates1. Tide with Bleach he powder, does NOT even have the faintest pine smell!! It smells like old fashioned, soapy detergent...clean and fresh, but zero, I mean absolutely zero pine smell. It actually smells very 'German'.

While I do not hate pine smells, and I am not allergic...it's not on the list of my top favourite smells. So if Tide w/Bleach powder had even the slightest pine smell...I would for sure notice it!

• Cavimum
    12 years ago

In my defense, I said it "reminds" me of pine.
    Whatever it is, it was too strong for me. I think I'll have to stick with "free" detergents. ;-)

• Kappen
    12 years ago

I have a box and I'll selectively use it but it doesn't do the best job of dissolving in the wash, my discharge filter has white powder in the bottom of it after I use tide he with bleach. It doesn't when I use persil megaperls, which is odd because I thought megaperls were suppose to be harder to dissolve. It did seem to clean well though.

• gates1
    12 years ago

I bought a 140 load box of it today at Bj's warehouse for 29.99 Im glad they still have this size of it, It last me a long time

• graywings123
    12 years ago

I bought a 53 load box of it at Target last week.

• mara_2008
    12 years ago

gates1, I always buy it at BJ's too, along with their coupons -- you can use a manufacturer's coupon too. The last time I bought it, it came out to about half the price per load of the Walmart price. Can't beat that. :)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!