Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachbet40

Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer Problems

beachbet40
14 years ago

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my Bosch Nexxt 500 Washing Machine Model WFMC3301UC? It is 1.5 years old, and is not going into the wash mode. It fills then drains immediately on all cycles. Have taken off hoses and checked for clogs (none), checked drain/pump for blockage (none), and have flushed out in case of soap clog. I have only used HE detergent, in lesser amounts than recommended in manual and on machine. Called Bosch and representative said only to use 1 to 2 tablespoons! Well, they should have put that in the manual then! Also, wire spring around gasket has been coming off since the first month. I am at my wits end, because this machine cost over $1000, and I can't get it to work! Please help!No error codes appear, it just fills, drains, then shuts itself off.

Comments (143)

• rayb1201
    9 years ago

If some one can e mail me a copy of the service manual for the Bosch Nexxt 500 I would be grateful.

Rayb1201@yahoo.com

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    9 years ago

Why not just click the links 5 posts up? They are barely off the page.

9 years ago

Duplicate post.

This post was edited by aliceinwonderland_id on Thu, Oct 30, 14 at 15:38

• mjdono3
    9 years ago

Could someone email me the link to the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer manual?

• puzzled36
    9 years ago

aliceinwonderland_id
    My washer will not unlock the door and proceed to cycle thru a wash cycle. I have found on the web that for earlier models there is a reset code for Bosch washers. It requires one to get into the programing section of the controls. I have read the Bosch manuals which you have so generously posted and do not see anything for this washer. My washer reads out an error code of E:01 and then in the programing section also reads out code C:00. Your manual indicates that there is a child interlock function on page 25 or 26. One website said that you should hold down the pause/start button 5 seconds to interrupt the child interlock function. This process has not returned the door lock to normal operation. The manuals you have referenced do not seem to give pages 25 and 26. Do you have any thoughts on this problem?

9 years ago

Won't lock the door, or won't unlock the door?

E01 indicates that the door isn't closed properly.

This could be as simple as a faulty door lock, or as complicated as a faulty controller.

As far as I know, there is no child interlock on these machines.

• casaforte
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Bosch washers are in a class action lawsuit as Of Jan 2015.The attorneys are claiming that they become moldy in side and don't clean the clothes and leave them smelling.I have the 500 series and my brother has it also.His machine stinks and he can't get the smell out and on the inside of the door on the rubber seal is moldy.Anyone that has a Bosch will get a settlement if we win.You can call 1-888-315-6097 for more info on the lawsuit

• marylea1000
    8 years ago

I have a Bosch next premium washer model number wfmc6400uc that will not do the final spin could someone please share the manual with me, I purchased this from an individual

• amg765
    8 years ago

http://www.manualslib.com/products/Bosch-Nexxt-Premium-Wfmc6400uc-1768841.html

If you can't find a solution in the user manual, check the service manual (on the same page) If it's like my Axxis there are instructions in the service manual for how to pull the error codes and run diagnostics from the control panel.

• siobhanblake
    8 years ago

I have a Bosch 500 series. It makes small hole in all of our tshirts. We ran a stocking around the drum and found rough spots which we removed with a diamond bit. Still have the problem. Anyone else with the same experience. 5 he Bosch tech says get a new drum but I don't want a repeat. BTW my 3 yr old Bosch dishwasher is on its 2nd recall. Never gonna buy Bosch again.

• jisrae
    8 years ago

Is there anything that can be safely used to remove the mold on the inside seal on a Bosch 500?

• nancyjws
    8 years ago

I have successfully removed mold by soaking some 4x4 gauze pads (fabric would work too) in bleach and leaving it lying on the moldy area for a day (shorter might work too). Fortunately my mold was mainly on the bottom where the drain holes are and not around the whole seal. I also recently discovered that liquid detergent contains animal fat and have switched back to an HE compatible powder (Tide). I cannot believe how much cleaner my clothes are, how sheets no longer get a slightly rancid smell when they've been sitting in the cupboard for awhile, and how much cleaner my washer looks and smells. I will never go back to liquid detergent!

• F Heatherington
    8 years ago

Have a Bosch Nexxt 300/DLX/500/500 washer and experiencing similar complaints in this blog. Please email service manual so I can run diagnostic test. Is it possible to post a link to their manuals? Email gheatherington@gmail.com. Thanking you ever so much.

• nancyjws
    8 years ago

I can send you the manual, but am unsure how via this list.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

He/She left a Email address.

• nancyjws
    8 years ago

Sorry, I missed that. Will send on the manual.

• panapower
    8 years ago

I'm having the same problems once again. not my first rodeo but would like to get a manual as well. could someone please send me one to panapower @ yahoo.com? thanks so much for your help as i really appreciate it.

• Rick Schmitz
    8 years ago

Is there a similar manual for the Vision 800? I would greatly appreciate it.

• hickey393
    8 years ago

I have a 500 series. Display is reading E:. No number code afterward. Signal keeps beeping and door is locked and cannot unlock it. Any suggestions on cause/solution? Thanks

• beaglenc
    8 years ago

hickey, have tried unplugging it for awhile? Back when I had mine, it locked and I couldn't get it unlocked. Don't remember if a error code displayed or not. Any way, the repairman told me to unplug it for awhile and that took care of it.

• nancyjws
    8 years ago

If you leave your email address I can send you the manual if you think that would help.

• Carolyn Conrad
    8 years ago

Have a Bosch 500 series washer that keeps throwing E27 and E24. Repair man replaced door lock and now I get nothing. Repairman can't come back for four days. Please send manual to carolyn.conrad@hotmail.com. Thank-you

• zartmanjim
    8 years ago

I would love to have a manual sent to me for the 500 Nexxt series washer. Email is zartmanjim@gmail.com. The problem experienced is the fabric softener not siphoning or flowing from tray.

Thanks in advance.

• Cadyren
    8 years ago

My Bosch 3200 (?) summer 2006 before they started calling them Bosch 500 etc., has been a great machine. Never any smell & so far 10 1/2 years and still running. (Now I jinxed myself). I have gotten an E04 error twice In the last few months, so believe I should clean out the pump. Can't believe so many have problems with these machines. I wish they still made them.

• Debbie Angelo
    8 years ago

I have the Bosch Nexxt 500 as well. Came with my house (2005 MODEL I think). For the past year I get an E:04, so I turn to off, wait, then to drain, allow water to drain out and back in business. Today it just STOPPED!!! Will work in Xtra Sanitary and Quick wash but will not spin or drain and door is locked. Holding my clothes hostage.

I've had the Motor control board or whatever it's called replaced before the guy was out of the driveway E:04. Wondering if I need a new washer or if it can be repaired, correctly this time?

I just read the self diagnosis so will try that.

• User
    8 years ago

Would love a copy of the manual if it will work on my machine Bosch Nexxt Washer wfmc2100uc/01

mmeyer0312@live.com

got it used, It worked great the first time now it fills and goes straight to drain. never spins, or anything. Just stops....

Have checked the motor. It is brushless. everything checks out OK there

• baceski16
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have a Bosch Washer Model WFMC5301UC/13. I keep getting Error Code E-13. I opened the drain cover, cleaned up (not much in there). Still keep getting the code - any ideas?? Do I need to replace the pump. The clothes are still soaking wet when the code comes up and the washer stops doing anything

7 years ago

baceski16: E13 simply indicates that the pump out time was too long. If the pump is fine, the problem could be excessive suds. If that is not the issue, the pump may have failed. Do you hear it running when the machine is supposed to be draining?

Mike Meyer: Links were posted in this thread in 2014. Why should someone email you the links - do you honestly expect other people to put in more effort to solve your problem than you seem willing to put forth?

• baceski16
    7 years ago

I didn't ask for any links.....

• baceski16
    7 years ago

I seems to be working now - I did further research and saw that one suggestion was to run the refresh cycle with no detergent and another suggested to unplug for hald an hour to reset the computer/electronics. Prior to trying these, it started to drain and the cloths were drier. Tried bother suggestions anyways. Thanks for your response

7 years ago

The first paragraph was addressed to you, baceski16, the second to Mike Meyer. You will note, if you read what I posted, that I used names at the start of each paragraph. I questioned Mr. Meyer's effort. You, I offered advice (a service I am now regretting).

• baceski16
    7 years ago

why?

• baceski16
    7 years ago

I misunderstood the response to him, I now see it that you responded to him, I thought he was sending that to me

• baceski16
    7 years ago

why the hell would you regret offering a service of advice just because I misunderstood something and questioned you. Are you that tightly wound, or loosely wound - depending on your perspective?????

7 years ago

Reading comprehension is a very basic skill. If you are asking for help, requesting that others give of their time and effort to assist you, put forth a modicum of effort yourself and actually read the reponses. Tightly wound? YOU are the one asking for something and then being snarky. It was your misunderstanding, not mine. Perhaps you could be grateful for help rather than being a jerk when you are at fault.

• nancyjws
    7 years ago

Glad to hear that you were able to solve the problem baseski16

And aliceinwonderland_id don't feel you need to spend any time and effort answering questions if you don't want to. (Although I do think your response was a helpful one to have under this thread). I've been sending people the manual when they ask for it for a few years now, and it doesn't bother me at all. (I actually hadn't noticed the link had been posted.) All the best

• baceski16
    7 years ago

Anyone have a link to troubleshoot MODEL wfmc5301 UC?

• nancyjws
    7 years ago

All I have is WMFC32

• David Baceski
    7 years ago

Ok, thanks, can't find the one for my washer anywhere

• krajnovichs
    7 years ago

I am having issues with my NEXXT 500plus.........would someone please forward the service manual..............Thank you...........krajnovichs@yahoo.com

• krajnovichs
    7 years ago

Disregard last comment..............Found the links and Thank you aliceinwonderland_id.

• bommaritomj
    7 years ago

Hi - could I have the maintenance/manual also - my Bosch Next premium is acting up in the spin cycle - sometimes works great sometimes does not spin! bommaritomj@yahoo.com

• zartmanjim
    7 years ago

bommaritomj,

Sent to your email just now.

• Rita Abina
    7 years ago

I have a Bosch Vision 500 with error code E:20. Does anyone know what this code is and how to fix? It won't agitate or spin. Maybe a service manual I could download? Model# is WFVC6450UC/29

• John Graham
    7 years ago

Bosch Nexxt 500 washer. WFMC 3301UC/02 FD8606

I removed the door for a different repair. when I went to re-install the door I noticed that three of the hinge cover screws are loose and do not catch on anything inside the door. Only one screw catches and screws tight. Does anyone have an idea to fix this? It seems whatever metal piece that the one screw tightens into is not in the other screw locations.

• nancyjws
    7 years ago

A fellow poster (see above - Feb 2011) uploaded the manual in three documents. You can access them here:

Bosch Manual Part 1

Bosch Manual Part 2

Bosch Manual Part 3

• David Lannie
    7 years ago

would anyone know why a Bosch Nexxt 500 would randomly not rinse as if it is just skipping the rinse cycle at random, leaving suds and water, then randomly e04 code, I have been owning the washer since new 2004, great washer, we keep it clean, I have rules out its not the pump, the pump drains like 95% of the time, I can switch it to drain and it drains just fine, but at random it appears to just skip the rinse cycle. Any ideas?

• Sjouk Cullison
    6 years ago

Hi jdenyer232. I would be extremely grateful to have a copy of the Bosch self diagnostic book. My email is bluebarn72@xtra.co.nz Thank you in advance.

• Donald O'Donnell
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hey there I know this is an old topic,

I have the BOSCH Nexxt 500

Mine it having an issues of just freezing in the Regular Wash mode, doesn't matter which one in that area, cold, warm, hot, and temp boost. They all start normal, but we leave then come back 45 mins later and it is frozen at 45 or 56, and it is random where it stops at. But never completes the wash cycle.

Now if we turn it to off, then back to that area warm, hot whatever we had it on, it goes back to that time it was at and we can start it. But sometimes it freezes a second time or more.

Also if we just do a quick wash cycle that completes no problem, goes all the way to completition and does the beep beep beep I am done sound.

Any help?

• Erin Dropla
    last year

So this may not work since there hasn't been a comments In years but can someonemail, me the bosh nexxt 500 pus series wfmc5301uc/16 service and second diagnostic manual

Emdropla2@gmail.com