Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer Problems

Posted by beachbet40 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 19, 09 at 10:42

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong with my Bosch Nexxt 500 Washing Machine Model WFMC3301UC? It is 1.5 years old, and is not going into the wash mode. It fills then drains immediately on all cycles. Have taken off hoses and checked for clogs (none), checked drain/pump for blockage (none), and have flushed out in case of soap clog. I have only used HE detergent, in lesser amounts than recommended in manual and on machine. Called Bosch and representative said only to use 1 to 2 tablespoons! Well, they should have put that in the manual then! Also, wire spring around gasket has been coming off since the first month. I am at my wits end, because this machine cost over $1000, and I can't get it to work! Please help!No error codes appear, it just fills, drains, then shuts itself off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer Problems

I have nearly the same model, but mine is a bit older -- but I've never had the drain issue you've seen. The spring did break on my gasket at about the same age as yours and it + the mangled gasket were replaced.

Is it still under warranty? The current ones come with a 2 year "limited" one so you might be in luck. I have an extended warranty on mine so I'm good for about another 12 months.

o

It has nothing to do with the amount of detergent used. You can run a self diagnostics on this machine and it will provide a lot of info. I really can't post the tech info here but I can email it to you if you provide an email address. It is a complete teardown and diagnostic manual for a couple of other models, but they also apply to the 500 and 800 series as well. My guesse would be the motor control board has gone out, you can confirm this is self diagnostic mode. Hope this helps and if you can provide an email address I can email you the manual in pdf format.

o

jdenyer232...I'd love to have a copy of that manual if it also pertains to the 700 series. It would be most helpful.

Thanks. E-mail mfrey at rccl dot com

o

An update on my washer: Bosch paid for repairman to replace spring and gasket. While here I picked his brain, said if it was control board wouldn't work at all. Wouldn't you know, while he was here it started working on cold and the spin cycle worked! He said it would cost a fortune to figure out what it might be by trial and error! Well after he left, it started working again. I was able to do 10-12 loads, but then it went right back to the same problem, filling then draining. I would love to have the repair manual emailed to beachbet40@hotmail.com. Any ideas what could be wrong? Have started to flush with boiling water again, took the back off, belt looks fine, cleaned out drain again (nothing much there), took all hoses off and cleaned again (nothing much there either), so I am baffled. I am ready to kick this machine to the curb. Seems to work when it feels like it! Any suggestions? Thanks!

o

Call the servicer back. He has to warranty his work for 30 days. Have him run the self diaganostics that is built into the control. If he doesn't have it he can call the Bosch tech support and they will walk him through it. The Bosch machines remember all the errors in a data bank so when the diagnotics is run the servicer can see all errors. Only a few errors show for the customer but there are 20 to 30 errors the servicer can read from the service mode.
Whatever you do don't let him change any PC boards before running the service mode because that will wipe out all the errors in the memory.

o

OK here's the latest on my BOSCH Nexxt 500 (been going on since Sept!). After the first repairman came out, Bosch paying labor and parts on door spring and gasket since it's been a problem since first month, and he advised it would be trial and error and too costly to fix.Called place where we bought it and they sent out their guy (not authorized repairman by Bosch, but its out of warranty anyway!), paid him $100 to diagnose. Says its the motor controller. Cost of part $229 plus labor. How can we be sure this is the problem? Cause if I leave the machine alone for a few days and then try it empty, it might work, might not (depends on how it's feeling!) My husband is very handy and can fix almost anything if he knows what the problem is and has a repair manual! Please help. Am losing what is left of my mind! Think Bosch should stick to tools and get out of laundry business! (He did check diagnostics, or so he says!)Again, this machine is only 2 years old!!It just now completed a spin cycle, but can't guarantee it will do so again! Seems to keep working or not depending on which way the wind blows!!!

o

Have hubby run diagnostics as per the manual I sent you. If the issue is the motor controller it will show up when your run program 4 of the diagnostics, it will usually show up as a DR error ie DR:01 etc, use the manual I sent to get the meaning of the code. Check wiring harness from the motor controller as well, sometimes it's just a loose connection or wire that has been rubbed through. Communications problems often generate the error E:09 when you check for errors in the diagnostic mode. The intermitent nature of your problem sounds like the motor control is losing communications to main board or motor via it's communications cables. Remove and reseat all connections to the main control board, motor controller, and motor. Carefully check the wiring harness wherever the wires contact any metal part of the chasis, friction often times rubs throught the wiring causing intermitent problems like these. Motor controllers are either good or bad, once they go bad they won't work again at all. I really think your problem is cable related. I have seen this alot not just on Bosch but on other brands as well. Hope this helps and keep us posted.

o

jdenyer232...would you happen to have a copy of that manual for the Bosch vision 500 ? if not where could I get one... Thanks

o

Beachbet,

My understanding is that Bosch washing machines have a sealed base, and as an anti-flood feature, will start draining the machine if water is detected in the base of the washer.

If your washer has a leak inside, perhaps the washer is detecting it, and then turning on the pump to drain the washer and prevent flood damage.

Is there a way for you to look into the base of the machine to be sure it is completely dry?

Joe

From the Bosch website:
Thoughtful Engineering
Vision washers feature our unique AquaStop leak protection system that eliminates the risk of major water damage.

I found a little more info about it on their older models:
The industry exclusive AQUASTOP leak protection system, also featured on Boschs award-winning dishwashers, provides homeowners the peace of mind that they can safely place their laundry room on a second floor. The Nexxt Washers AQUASTOP is a two-part system. First, it automatically shuts the unit off should the overflow switch detect water in the base and then pumps out all the water in the machine. Secondly, a new double walled inlet hose recognizes if there is a leak in the hose and will immediately stop the water supply at the source.

o

The Bosch vision has the aquastop, the poster is having a problem with one of the Nexxt series machines. I can't recall if some of the Nexxt models came with the aquastop, so as one poster pointed out, if yours has the aquastop feature then it may be worth having a look. I don't have the vision service manual, but there may be similarities from the Nexxt manuals. Manufacturers rarely change electronic diagnostic procedures on similar machines. Often times they use the same electronics in a redesigned chasis. Hope this helps.

o

I have a Bosch 500 washer that keeps showing a E:05 code. I have checked the pump is clear and the impeller is free.
The pump does make a grinding noise when it starts. I have bought a new pump ( $70 repairclinic.com ) and will replace it. The Bosch repair man they sent out was a waste of space.....knew less about the problem than I did.
Does any one have a copy of the Bosch repair manual that can be emailed to me howarp@gmail.com it will be a great help and reduce the amount of bad language it will take to get the new pump installed...:-)
Thanks

o
maybe it is syphoning ?

beachbet40,
as you haven't been back here, I hope now it's all solved.

Otherwise, are you sure the drain hose was not syphoning ?

I mean : if the drain hose end in the washtub/wall-drain is lower than the regular water level in the machine tub, the water exits the washer despite the drain pump is NOT working, in a never ending loop . If it were like that, just raise the hose and hang it at the same height of the washer worktop.

Don't want to be boring but ... there is just one brand that can have a floor drain without raising the hose, that very one in italian means "honey" :)

o

jdenyer232,

If you would send a copy of that manual to krytter @ netscape dot net I would really appreciate it!

Our Nexxt 500 washer leaves water in the softener dispenser after every wash and I'm not finding much help about it. Perhaps the diags will give me a clue.

Thanks!

o
Rinse the syphon under the faucet

rjr1948,

don't worry, that's not a fault, it's quite common in every frontloader. You have just to pull out the "syphon" from the softener dispenser and rinse it under *hot* water. This is a typical winter problem, when tap cold water is really cold and condensates fats and oils included in the fabric softener

The syphon is a small u-shaped or cylinder-shaped pipe inside the softener compartment. During the last rinse fill, water enters the compartement and overflows over this pipe too. It starts syphoning and empties the compartment when the water valve shuts off. When it gest clogged by F.S. water just overflows and is no more aspired by this pipe.

Maybe it's also time to pull out the whole drawer and to clean it with hot water and some LCB .....

HTH
Hidroman

o

please send me a copy of the manual too.
Thanks

barbjw@live.com

o

another 'me too' ... if anyone could forward that manual to awashera at gmail.com , please?

Thank you!

o

I am getting the E02 error code and read the above posts about removing the right front panel. Do not want to break anything and have not been able to figure out how to remove the panel. Any suggestion would be great and a copy of owner's manual would be appreciated.
I have searched the Bosch site and could not find manual.

o

Please send a copy of that manual to me too.
Thanks

o

Would someone be able to send me a copy of the manual as well. My nexxt 500 has a code tonight - my husband has fixed a clog in the drain before (kid's sock) but its not the same code. Thanks!

o

Any code you can see as a consumer is in your care and use manual on how to correct. The service manual has codes you can only see in the service mode.

o

The 300 and the 800 series having the same issues?

o

Have a Bosch Nexxt 300, exactly the same issue. Drains at any mode, so we wash by hand and spin dry it. Waiting to get a refund on our unit from Lowes. Tried to replace the motr control unit was not the fix. Tried to replace the control module was not succesful.
Did the OP get his/her unit resolved? Can anyone send me a service repair manual to mrsyed at yahoo.com

o

Our Nexxt 500 seems to be acting up a bit, mostly issues with not going into its spin cycle. It doesn't throw an error code though. I'd like to run the diagnostics to see if the log file shows something. Could someone be so kind to send me a copy of the service repair manual at nieuwhzn@gmail.com?
Thanks.

o

Can someone please send me a copy of the service repair manual that jdenyer232 offered above? My email address is: smithclan84 at gmail dot com
We removed an item from the pump (after getting the E:04) code, and after doing a few drain and spin cycles everything seemed fine and I did 4 loads of laundry successfully. Two days later it just buzzes when it is supposed to drain and I can't get the separate drain program to work, however, the spin cycle will work (and this includes draining the tub). So mechanically everything seems in order. Thought I'd just post here before we call a repair technician. Any help/insight and the manual would be much appreciated. Thanks, Nancy

o

Hate to be another me too, but if anyone has the service manual it'd be appreciated (email address njhebert at gmail). I'm trying to get the front panel off to check around for a leak in my washer. Doesn't appear to be the hoses, so it's likely the gasket or something else inside, as I can feel standing water inside when I poke around the drain access panel on the bottom right.

o

I would love a copy of the diagnostic manual too. I have a Vision 500 Washer Model WFVC6450UC and believe the motor board is bad, but service guy did not run any diagnostics so I'd love to try to see before board is removed.

Thank you

larrybohr @ wyan . org

o

Message to Beachbet40 or jdenyer232!

Tech Info/Teardown Guide/Manual! Would you who have such email any such stuff to me as well--I would be very grateful. rtalcot@mac.com

Just had service call and tech says it's the motor controller and Bosch will take two weeks + to send it out.... Our Nexxt 500 Plus is a year and a half old. I need to get up to speed on its diagnostics and parts to avoid expensive delayed service!

Thank you!!

o

I have a 4-yr old Nexxt 500--WFMC6400UC. It will fill and drain but won't spin. The Bosch repair man suspects it's the motor control, though he can't confirm. That part is on back-order, and he couldn't give me an ETA--probably end of next month. Even if the part comes in, he has no idea if that part will fix the machine. He said he sees this all the time with the Bosch washers and to expect a bill of $500. He grumbled about how he does this all day long, and he'll always have a job because of the poor quality of these appliances (way to support your employer).

After he left, I called customer service and they agreed--backordered part, no guarantee of a fix and nothing else they can do 'cause I'm out of warranty.

I am disgusted. I'm not investing $500 into a machine with no guarantee of a fix. I'm buying a new machine--different brand. A $1000+ appliance should last more than 4 years. Shame on you, Bosch. My advice--DO NOT BUY BOSCH!!

o

Just some information. The likelyhood of the motor control actually being bad is quite low. In almost all the service classes I attend the manufacturer trainer tells us that over 75% of the electronic boards replaced check ok when they are returned to the factory.
Unfortunately some techs in my business are quick to blame the electronics instead of doing a real diagnosis.

If your tech is an authorized by Bosch he should have run the self diagnostic tests. This will tell him the last 8 error codes and will identify the bad part. He doesn't have to suspect anything. If he didn't run the diagnostics do not let him order a board until he does. If he doesn't know how to run the test he should be calling the Bosch techline and they can walk him through it.

I think the most telling sign of a bad tech is when they "blame" quality, someone, or something else when they run into a problem.
I don't think it's a "quality" issue. Most of the techs in my area own Bosch because of their better quality. I own a bosch washer and dryer also.

o

Thank you for responding to my post, Jakvis. The technician did enter my home with a bad attitude. Said he stays employed bec of the poor quality of Bosch machines. Said most are unrepairable. He did run the diagnostic tests and also replaced the motor, but that didn't solve the problem, so he said it was--thus--the motor control. That part is on b/o until end of 9/10. Estimated repair bill $400-$500.

I confirmed by phone with Bosch customer service--nothing they could do unless I could track down the part, purchase it myself and then get the Bosch tech back to my home. All at my expense, of course. I am a working Mom with a lot of laundry--and two kids with special needs/issues. I cannot be without a washer til the end of Sept.

Bottomline, my Bosch is in the landfill. I now own an Electrolux. When the installer arrived with the Electrolux, he took one look at the Bosch and said, "Let me guess--motor control. I can't tell you how many of these Bosch washers I've dumped. I used to work for Bosch, and they definitely do not stand behind their products." I was horrified and yet felt justified in getting rid of the washer.

o

jdenyer232: Can you or someone please send me a copy of the service repair manual also?

My email address is: ajleduc at gmail dot com.

My washer is 4 years old and has been having problems since it was about 1 year old. I take it appart clean it and it works for a while. Its gotten really bad lately I cant get through a complete wash cycle. I would like to figure out what is wrong with it and fix it once and for all. I have been looking everywhere for any manual about the washer very hard to find.
Thanks

o

I have a one year old 500 plus series waher and dryer. We have a reocurring problem with the washer that has beened about once every 20 loads or so. It's like the spin cycle doesn't complete spinning as the clothes end up still quite wet. I'm looking for the service manual so I can manually put this into the spin mode when this happen. I read in other posting that you might be willing to share the manual you have. As Bosch seems to not want to make their customers happy by making that information available to those who have paid big money for their product. I find it an outrage... your help would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is prbrady2@comcast.net.. thanks again

o

would someons send me the diognistic manual i too have a drainage issue and need help. dmw999@cpmcast.net

o
RE: Bosch Nexxt 300 Washer Problems

I hate to be another me too, could someone help me out and be so kind as to send me a copy of the service repair manual at burgess@ohiohills.com

Thank you in advance for your consideration,

John

o

My Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer has finally worn out my paitence. It has quit spinning all together. The matching gas dryer has also been problematic and not gotten our clothes dry. My old top loading Whirlpools lasted 20 years. Bosch lasted 3. Will someone please send me the repair manual? I would greatly appreciate it. I design control panels for a living. Maybe I can fix one.

thx. email crlambso@gmail.com

o

Ok, sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread in awhile, my Bosch 500 self destructed a while back and has been replaced. Because there are to many requests for the service manual I will email it to a couple of people and then they will need to share with others that have requested it. Thanks for understanding.

o

What did you replace it with and how do you like it?

o

Can someone please email me the service manual too at volsfan.turner at gmail. My washer will no longer spin after my daughter used non HE detergent in it.

Thanks.

o

Mine's not having any problems... but

I would take a copy of the manual for future reference...

jane dot gienger at verizon dot net

thanks in advance

o

I would like a copy of the manual just in case mine has issues.

icemncmth at gmail dot com

Thanks!!

o

I would like a copy of the error codes and diagnostic manuel. Thanks. My email is melvin_s1947@msn.com

o

Just as a follow up from what seems a long time ago I managed to track down a copy of the manual.
I've uploaded a copy to google docs for anyone coming across this thread (had to split it up because it was too big otherwise)

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_Al4ms29-WpM2U0NTBiNzMtZWNlZC00ZmM5LWI4ZTUtNGMzZjAzNWZiYWRk&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_Al4ms29-WpN2IxNTQwMWItMjViNS00YjJjLTgzYTktMTIyYzA5NmI2MDFk&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_Al4ms29-WpMzZlY2M5MmQtYzMyMy00MzAwLThkOWYtMDdmMGRjMjliZTJj&hl=en

o

jddenyer232,
We are having the same problem with our Bosch Nexxt 500 washer. We ran a diagnostic test and got an E20, which we believe is the motor control board that you talked about. We would also really appreciate it if you could e-mail us the repair manual on pdf. According to the uncooperative Bosch representative, the code we got does not exist. Thank you in advance.
e-mail us at: norstarranch@hctc.net

o

Washer ProblemsWasher Problems wfvc6450uc error message E-

o
bosch WFMC2100UC/01

jdenyer232 I would like to know if you have the error codes and diagnostic manual FOR A BOSCH WFMC2100UC/01. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THAN beachbet40.

because in Costa Rica no one have this manual and I really need it!!

o

Some how my washer got out of balance and now we can't get it balanced. It thumps and wobbles and I'm afraid it will ruin the washer. Also, when doing the first load of the week, the 1st rinse smells really bad.

o

Our three year old Nexxt 500 Plus did this and the service contract technicians replaced so many parts and were here 9 times that they refunded our money. I really think less of these machines since we had our issues. While they did a pretty good job of cleaning, I thought the tub bearings were at fault because our machine vibrated nastily on a concrete floor, no pedestals, always used HE detergent, never suds, fully cared for and we ended up with these issues. It was a disaster because honestly when the machine would spin, it sounded like a DC3 taking off and coming in...at least we knew when the laundry was working.

In the end we replaced the set with a Miele set and never looked back.

o

can someone email me that MANUAL also, or upload it to a torrent site so we can all get it there thanx
jimipiere@gmail.com

o

can somebody email me a copy of that manual please...thanks.
mpatel1080@aol.com

o

Our Nexxt 500 won't drain, and the wife is PO'd. Would someone be kind enough to email the manual to rictavious_porckchop@yahoo.com

o

Could someone please send me the manual? I am having the same issues as the poster. I start it up. It fills and tumbles a few times then drains but does not turn off. And does te same on every cycle.
My email is Katie.Branham@yahoo.com

o

First off, thanks to csdx for putting those manuals online.

Now on to my saga...

About a week ago, my 6-ish year old WFMC64 started going into Error (no code displayed). It would show error and the drain pump would kick on. Shutting off and restarting wouldn't clear this, but unplugging it for a while (like overnight) would...and we'd run a couple loads.

Then it started going in to Error immediately. I got the manuals, got into the troubleshooting mode. The thing is, it didn't let me actually run the tests, it just displayed "Error! Er: 15". Which was something. Error 15 lists out as the analogue pressure switch.

Analog pressure switch ordered...replaced...and same code, the instant "Er: 15" displays. I've left it unplugged overnight hoping it would clear any lingering codes. Nope, still the same code.

At this point, all I can think of is to replace the ECU...but I'm not sure I want to throw > $250 at a machine without understanding what is going on and the chances that this will actually fix it.

Anyone on this board/thread got any advice, information, or ideas?

Cheers,

--Nick

o

I can't seem to access the repair manual on Google docs. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could e-mail me these documents! pspradling@gmail.com
Thanks!!

o

Thanks for all the help. The service manual and diagnostics led me right to the problem.
I had a E04 message flashing, and no spin, drain or door opening. Removed the access cover, unscrewed the drain front (got a dose of H2O!), but I saw nothing. I looked in and saw the pump vanes- clear. Felt what I could in the inlet and outlet hoses, they appeared clear. Reran diagnostics, and with the drain cover off- the impeller was not moving! Great, now I will need to buy a $75+ motor. Or so thought. So, I took the back off, got the drain motor assy out, took the 3 Phillips screws off so the actual motor would separate from the body, and I hear this 'click' as a black piece about an inch square fell out. When I picked it up, wouldn't you know it, it was a tile from the kids Scrabble game. Got wedged in the impeller where it wasn't visible! Put it all back together and voila! We have joy (and a happy wife!!!!!)
Thank you ALL for help and info.
Stuart, Valrico FL

o

Can someone please email me the service manual to willa@patonsmith.com?
Thanks,
Willa

o

Hello There,

Can someone please email me the Bosch washer service manual to rglucier71@gmail.com. That would be greatly appreciated. Bosch washer, door locks, fills and drains but wont wash or spin.

Thanks in advance.
Rob, London, On, Canada

o

I know a kind soul uploaded it to googledocs earlier, but could someone who does have it consider uploading the complete pdf to rapidshare or some other sharing site?

o

Here is a link to the first third of the manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manual pages 1-24

o
Manual link 2

Link to the 2nd third of the manual

Here is a link that might be useful: Manual pages 25-41

o
Manual link 3

Link to the last part of the manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manaul pages 42-82

o

Jdenyer232 - I have been looking and looking for a way to test a WFMC2100UC Bosch washer and found your posting. Is there a way to obtain a copy of yours? I really think runnuning diagnostics would be the most cost-effective way of determining the cause behind the washer not completing its wash cycle. I've replaced the panel control board without success and really hope this won't be a game of cat-and-mouse with swapping out parts. I'd love to narrow down the cause by running diagnostics. If you would be so kind, my e-mail is cayenne1011 at yahoo dot com. Thank you!!

o

I think my control module is shot but wanted to see what others think. I reviewed the service manaul and I am unable to run any diagnostics. There is power and I can move thru the P codes but everytime I hit the start/pause button to start the test, the door buzzes 3 times. It does this several times every 30 seconds or so. I had a wire break off the hot water valve harness while attempting to attach a new hose. When I hit start, something blew & popped at the rear of the washer near the valve. I have replaced the valve but still have the same issue with the door just buzzing and washer not starting. It stays locked, I have to use the manual release. Any ideas?

o

It sounds like you got water on the control board. It is located directly below the drain on the bottom left (if you are looking at the back of the machine). These washers have a potentially fatal design flaw. The drain hose in located directly above the control board and does not have a positive-locking connection. It is just about guaranteed to shake loose over time with normal use of the machine. When is breaks loose, water pours on the control board and kills it. When mine blew, I managed to locate one on eBay for a reasonable price. If you have to purchase one from Bosch, you may as well purchase a new washer.

o

I have tested the wires and all are good. I was able to run a diagnostic that brought up D:06 Motor Control NTC relay failure possibly caused by NTC too hot or relay stuck closed. And D:10 Power limit switch off, possibly caused by motor overloaded or binding. I pulled the NTC out and it measures around 21 on the ohm meter. The heater measured too but I did not write down the number. Any idea what to do now?

o

I have the same identical problem. Tech came by, and told me it was the motor control board, then he said it will cost me $500.00 to repair. Can you please send me the manual with the codes and how to conduct the test at s l elder 1 9 6 9 at aol dot com (by the way all the letters and numbers are together, no spaces). Thank you. I am so frustrated with this machine which cost us $1300 that I think it may be cheaper just to get a new Samsung. Any thoughts?

o

Does all of this apply to the Bosch Vision 500 washer as well? We purchased one 1.5 years ago and two days ago it stopped engaging to spin. It empties water fine, but will not spin. Any information about diagnosing and repair would be greatly appreciated. If there is a repair/service manual available please send it to nclayton29@yahoo.com

o

I have a new entire tub assembly I will sell for 225.00 shipped. I bought a Samsung Steam Washer....don't ask. :)
Drum/tub assembly. Complete.
PART NUMBER: 245703 Le
Substitution:

o

My apologies for the lousy post. I am tejaspecial on ebay. 502 100 percent positive.

BOSCH DRUM 245703

o

Could someone please send me the manual for the boss nexxt 500 series. Cannot get hot water to enter machine. It will be very much appreciated. wafosson@yahoo.com

o

I guess I'm going to join the Greek Chorus here and beg for a copy of the service manual. Just spent 200+ to have the pump replaced. Would some kind soul please email me a copy to Parrott_head at hotmail dot com Thank you so much.

o

Hey, just look up a few posts and you will see the links to the manual that I posted.

This post was edited by aliceinwonderland_id on Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 12:41

o

The link for the middle section takes me to the 3rd section. Anyone have a link to pages 25-41? My Bosch goes out every few months. Hubby is trying to fix it again, but he's stumped!

o

Or could someone email me the manual if the link is lost in cyberspace?

Thanks!!

This post was edited by mamallama23 on Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 15:53

o

Try this link instead

Here is a link that might be useful: Pages 25-41

o

mamallama23 - Not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum. Rather, go to your user account and allow emails to be sent to you. You can edit your post and remove your emial address.

o

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

aliceinwonderland_id - Thanks for the link and the advice. I'll edit it out and change the setting. That is my spam email account. I only use it when I know the risk of spam is high. Again, HUGE thanks for the link.

o

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer Problem: The Fabric Softener does not get added; the siphon is clear, my problem is that not enough water is being added to the fabric softener holder to activate the siphon. The bleach has its own solenoid, but I do not see how or when the fabric softener "water stream" is activated ..... there does not seem to be a mechanical or electrical activation. Any ideas???? Thanks.

o

Could be one of two things.

1. Fabric softener may be too thick - try diluting it with a bit of water.

2. Your machine may not be level. If the front end of the machine is lower than the back, softener won't feet properly - works best if the machine is level or ever so slightly higher in the front.

o

You can also dilute fabric softener with white vinegar. I've found adding a cup of fabric softener to a gallon of vinegar solved my soap build-up problems (which cause it not to spin). I use this mixture instead of regular fabric softener. I use about 1/4 cup of the mixture with each load.

o

Thank you everyone; however, I have tried dilution & the machine is level. I observed that while the bleach tray gets flushed with numerous 'tray-volumes' (thereby activating the siphon), the softener tray does not receive enough water to activate the siphon unless the level is above the "MAX >", and then it may not work. I believe my problem is "not enough water flow" into the softener tray.

Has anyone opened the UNIT --- where the hoses after the solenoids are attached, that holds the bleach & softener trays, and where the detergent is poured??????

Or do you know the unit is permanently sealed?

Thanks !!!!

o
RE: Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer Problems/Help!

I have a Bosch Nexxt Premium front load washer which has been a dog since the first day. It is model number WFMC6400UC.
If someone could email me the service manual it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

The address is: svonkaye@yahoo.com

o

You can just look up a few threads and find a link to the all three sections of the manual.

o

I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 washer, model WFMC3301UC. The spring loaded wire that secures the door gasket has come off. Is there an easy fix to putting it back in place?

o

Please send me a link for the manual too.

Bosch Vision 500 WFVC6450UC wont agitate or spin. It fills and drains. Right now it is a $1200.00 pile of junk. Drain is clear. I use only He detergent.

gelliott at wdsource dot com

o

The links are already active in this thread. Scroll up.

o

1. Too much detergent causes 'soap lock.' The electronics will get confused when there's too many suds left after a rinse and shut the spin cycle down. That's why re-running the entire cycle without more detergent solves the problem. Use less detergent.

2. There is a way to manually get the spin cycle to run using diagnostics codes. Here's what to do:

a. Washer selection knob in OFF position.

b. Hold the 'Spin Selection' and 'Delay Start' buttons down at the same time.

c. While holding those two buttons, turn the Washing selector knob to Permanent Press-Cold.

d. Keep the buttons held down until the LCD control panel reads 'P:01'

e. Release buttons.

f. Use the 'Spin Selection' button to cycle thru the codes. Stop when it reads 'P:04' which is the spin cycle.

g. Press 'Start/Pause' button to begin the spin cycle.

h. Turn the knob to Off to stop the spin cycle.

i. Turn the washing machine back On to open door.

o

Hi folks.... I am having problems with my Bosch front loader. The code E13 comes up and it suggests too long run time. I have checked the drain and hoses etc and all is good. In order to spin out the clothes I use the diagnostic PO4 code and the clothes spin out meaning that the pump and drain are ok. Does anyone have a service manual for a 500 series WFMC 5301/UC/13. The manuals in this forum don't cover this model. It has been suggested that I should change the wire harness. Has anyone tried this and was it effective..Tired of soaking wet clothes.....

This post was edited by Mitch123 on Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 9:05

o

jdenyer232 or anyone who has them, can I please get a service manual? I think I have the 800 Series, but 500 series would help if the diagnostic codes are the same/similar. I need to tear down my pump and look that the spring issue as well.

Thanks!

mycorrado _at_ msn.com

o

Bosch/Siemens WFMC/WFXD washer repair manuals:

Pages 1-24

Pages 25-41

Pages 42-82

o

Thank you so much aliceinwonderland for the manual! Will this info,. apply to the WFMC3301UC as well?

A technician came and diagnosed my washer:
Cost of visit: $99.92.
His recommendation and estimate for the next step?
Replace the module-control @ $496.11
Replace the valve-magnet @ $ 22.62
plus cost of return trip and labor. Total: $655.41.
Huge expense for a costly machine bought only 7 years ago!

Once those new parts are in place, he will proceed to further diagnosis in case the washer is still not functioning.
???

Any recommendation? Should I just forget about the machine and buy a new one? If so, which brand, model? Any recommendation anyone? You hear all kinds of stories about all of them!!!
At a loss…

Any input would be much appreciated!

o

I have a Bosch 700, please email the self diagnosis manual to me. I receive the error message 'drain blocked' turn the machine off, select 'drain', the machine drains and then I must start the entire cycle over. This happens about every third time the machine is used.

o

Please also email me the manual to lc1may@aol.com - we're getting desperate! It just seems to be one thing after another with this machine all of a sudden... Thank you so very much for your help!

o

Please disregard if it is the same ans this one that I found on another site:

http://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/attachment.php?s=621c388573ba214cf8ae473b54a56c77&attachmentid=1356&d=1264056557

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here