Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wringer Washer

Posted by OldFixer (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 10:39

My still handy vintage top load washer. Does a fine job. It's probably only about 50 years old. The really old square ones are becoming quite in demand, fetching some nice prices. If you spot one cheap, grab it! Anybody ever find one when moving into their old house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wringer Washer

Oldfixer, my Mother had an awful time giving up her old wringer many years ago for a new top-loader. I still remember watching her put those clothes through. It was a lot of work on her part but our clothes were ever so clean. I myself have a top loader "water hog" and will never go to the newer front-loaders. Thank you for posting this pictures, it brings back good memories.
Pat

o

Nice machine. Looks to be a Kenmore unit, or maybe a Whirlpool ... and a two-speeder per the toggle switch above the timer.

o

Thanks Patann. My mom loved to wash with this machine. They are quite functional, and as I said, the older ones are quite popular now. I still use the basement & outside laundry lines too. Ah, the fresh smell of sunshine.
Good eye on the details dadoes, a Kenmore. I think Maytag(??) sold their design, and it's now made overseas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here