Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_moore_gw

Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer - NEW

ken_moore
18 years ago

The Oasis.

Anyone know anything about the new Oasis yet? I searched the forum and there were no results.

Here's what I know. They're black. They're very stylish. The washer is top loading, but both washer and dryer have windows. EnergyStar qualified with no agitator, a la the Calypso.

So Mrs Moore comes home from a long hard day selling washers at Sears and asks me to go on that "forum thing" and see if anyone has any additional info on them.

"But, Honey..." I begin.

"Did you just call me your Butthoney?" she interrupts.

"No. I was just saying that I'm the one who usually introduces the new Kenmore models to the Forum..."

Anyways, this gives something to go look at when I visit my wife on the sales floor. If anyone is out in a mall this weekend, they're probably on all the Sears floors by now.

My hopes are that this machine retakes the #1 CR rankings back away from the Neptune TL. If it is based on the Calypso wash system, one would think that any bugs would have been worked out by now. I also hope it doesn't use the lower water temps prevalent in a lot of high efficiency top loading models.

Comments (154)

• hisalterego
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

the national release date is this Sunday March 5th, wait a few days, also there's a 15% rebate on Kenmore appliances towards the end of the month if you can wait that long

• the_seven
    18 years ago

MAGGIE22 wrote:
    "The load is moved from the outside toward the middle with items coming up in the center and down on the outside edges."

It sounds that it is a "reverse rollover action" which is opposed to a conventional TL-agitator.

Could we have any video for such action?

• maidmarion
    18 years ago

These machines really look great. I love the black. But, Consumer Reports didn't view them that highly. They said with what they cost, the consumer's money would be better spent on a cheaper front loader that's more energy efficient and cleans the clothes better.

• harborwhaler
    18 years ago

That doesn't sound to good. Do you think the Oasis has a problem cleaning clothing with that stream-line inside design?

• hisalterego
    18 years ago

Anytime you have a verticle tub it will not be as effcient with a FL, it's an alternative for ppl who do not prefer or rather not have a FL, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing but just one more alternative for consumers

• washerman8
    18 years ago

I saw the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and dryer for the first time yesterday. I wasn't too impressed. It is a bit too "plasticky" for me and overpriced. However, I am a bit curious to see some wash action videos because I don't think it would do a thorough job cleaning large loads or really dirty clothes.

I can't see it cleaning 23 bath towels as Sears claims it can. I would love to test one for myself and put it through the paces.

I think I will pass on purchasing this set unless I see that it's not another bogus claim such as the one that was made when Sears/Whirlpool manufactured the Calypso.

• the_seven
    18 years ago

washerman8,
    I understanding that you prefer "agitator". Why don't you investigate further on their "agitator" version?

• debbie_mexia
    18 years ago

I am trying to decide between the Whirlpool Duet and the Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer. I really like the top loading washer. I like the 4.5 capacity of the Kenmore. It also looks great but how about the cleaning ability? Could someone out there give me some insight on how the machine performs? I know it's new and we don't have any repair records to study so I am asking for some input from others.

• bookert
    18 years ago

debbie,
    Give me a day or two and I'd be happy to give you plenty of input! =)

• mule65
    18 years ago

I tried to buy an Oasis Saturday but Sears didn't have any -- what a screwed up company. Was planning on buying the GE FL's but I liked the Oasis better. Especially after adding $300 for the GE pedestals and getting 10% off the Oasis. The cycle times on the Oasis are really fast. The user interface is very intuitive. The huge TL just seems easier to use than a FL. There is NO heater which is an issue.

• gobluefan
    18 years ago

My wife and I bought the Kenmore HE3t washer and HE4 dryer a few weeks ago. We are very pleased with them. In looking at some of the older posts, I noticed references to the HE3 dryer. My local Sears didn't have the HE3 dryer available. The salesman said the HE4 dryer was the matching dryer for the HE3t washer.

Why isn't Sears selling the HE3 dryer? Is it simply a ploy to sell a more expensive model?

• gobluefan
    18 years ago

Sorry for the previous post. I meant to post this as a new thread. Today's only the first day that I enrolled in the forum.

• gypsygirl
    18 years ago

Greetings:
    I purchased the new Kenmore Oasis W/D set yesterday and it will be delivered on Sunday. I can't wait to try it out. I will post new information as soon as I am through with my first load of clothes.

• gypsygirl
    18 years ago

My observation: The oasis gently rotates the clothes from the bottom to the top, a rolling action, which seems to clean the clothes very well. The machine automatically sets the water level depending on load size and you have to use only high efficiency laundry detergent which is no more expensive than reg. soap if you go to walmart or target. I prefer liquid. Once you pour the soap into the dispencer, the washer mixes the water and soap together and then dispenses it onto the clothes. The clothes are basically residue free. It has wash cycles which vary from 35 min. to 72 min. depending on soil levels. Has an extremely fast spin cycle and therefore takes less time to dry in dryer. So far, I think it was a good investment.

• joe_in_philly
    18 years ago

I have a technical manual for the Oasis in PDF form. Let me know if you would like me to email it to you. If I don't respond to your request, it may be because the email option on my page is not working properly. It seems to not be working consistantly. Post a message and I will email you through your page.

Joe

• yzfmik
    18 years ago

"Why isn't Sears selling the HE3 dryer? Is it simply a ploy to sell a more expensive model?"

The HE3 dryer was basically the same as the HE4 dryer. There was no reason to make a 3 and a 4 dryer.

I work at a Sears store selling appliances part time (full time I'm a firefighter), I have sold a few Oasis pairs, one tonight actually. We don't have too much feedback yet since they are so new. I have the Whirlpool Calypso that I bought in July of '04, and my wife hates it. Seems to leave dry patches on clothes, making her think it's not doing a good job at cleaning. How can it clean something that never saw water? So I am going to buy either the Oasis or HE4t's, but I am not sure which to buy. I know all about them, but have no personal experience with them. So my question is, which to buy? I just want my wife to be happy, I don't care that the 4t is more money. I will buy when we run a good promotion, and get my discount on top of that.

• washer_man
    18 years ago

yzfmik,

I find it hard to believe that your Calypso isn't getting the clothes wet. The Calypso has a "recirculating spray" type of cleaning system that constantly sprays water onto the top of the clothes all throughout the wash cycle.

I'm just speculating here, but the Calypso spins at 800 rpm, which is pretty fast by conventional top loader standards. Maybe you have light polyester shirts, or something similar, that are just getting blown completely dry during the final spin cycle.

Most of the new high efficiency washers, both top & front loader, all spin to ungodly high speeds, and they spin out the clothes so well, that sometimes it's possible take a shirt, or something similar, right out of the washer and start wearing it.

• dross
    18 years ago

800 RPM is not fast enough o blow anything completely dry unless it is made of cellophane! Our washer spins at 1000RPM, and even stuff that is made to dry quickly (like coolmax athleticwear material) is unmistakably not-bone-dry when removed from the washer. I'd wager that this would even be true at Euro-washer speeds. - DR

• dtay_us
    18 years ago

Does the lack of an onboard heater on the Oasis washer, which the GE Profile Harmony has, presents an issue, in respect to its cleaning capabilities? My wife and I bought the Oasis washer and dryer yesterday (#27082 and #67082 in white) but we're not taking delivery until towards the end of the month. It was either the Oasis, Harmony, or the Duet Sport (the larger model with heater due sometime in May) and we ended going with the Oasis because of the 20% off 1-day sale yesterday.

Thanks,
    David

• joe_in_philly
    18 years ago

I think washerman may be on to something.

A friend of mine was using my washer, and after a 1200rpm spin following a warm rinse, she thought some things were actually dry. I think it may have been the temp of the laundry combined with them being much dryer and lighter than she was used to from her washer. I agreed with her that a washcloth felt nearly dry, but she also agreed it was still damp after some consideration.

Joe

• bafeuer
    18 years ago

My son and I saw the Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer and Dryer at The Great Indoors in Gaithersburg, MD. In addition to the white and graphite, which is very cool looking, they also come in a really cool pale metallic light blue as well.

• yzfmik
    18 years ago

The "dry patches" are often on jeans, so there's no way that the spin dryed them. I talked to the Whirlpool rep about it, he said that should not happen, so I have service coming out to check it since it's still under warranty. I still am unsure whether to get the Oasis or HE4t. I just wanna make sure my wife will not find fault in whatever we get. She thinks we should just get a regular Kenmore Elite pair.

• kathy324
    18 years ago

I had the Oasis delivered a few days ago. I had several questions after washing a few loads. The water never covers the clothes, and I had to rinse two times to get the HE soap out. I called service and they came out and said the water level is not suppose to cover the clothes and I should use half the soap of the lowest line on the tide dispenser. Plus the machines are huge so make sure they fit in your laundry room! The jury is still out.

• washerman8
    18 years ago

kathy324,
    Could you please explain the water not covering the clothes? Are the clothes not moving around or is the washer not using enough water?

I have sensitivity to detergents. So I want to make sure after 2 rinses that the clothes are rinsed well.

Thanks.

• bookert
    18 years ago

washerman8,
    I've NEVER had a problem w/soap not rinsing out and I don't do a 2nd rinse. As I posted before, there is plenty of water used, especially compared to a FL. Maybe kathy324 has buildup of detergent on her clothing and it's showing it's head with her new machine. I washed 2 large hand-tied flannel type blankets yesterday (same load) and they came out great!

• baileyhouses_gmail_com
    18 years ago

I had bought a front loading LG washer but had terrible problems with vibrations. After looking around online, it turned out that a lot of people with laundry hookups on the second floor (no concrete slaps) were experiencing the same problem due to the washers high speed RPM cycle.

I'm curious if anyone has experienced similar problems with the Oasis? I'm hoping to get it as a replacement but am curious if it still needs a concrete slap.

• bookert
    18 years ago

John,
    My sub floors are plywood and my laundry room flooring is vinyl. I had the LG2277 and had earthquake vibrations thru out the house w/it. (even after putting extra plywood under the machine) No vibrations outside the laundry room with the Oasis!! For most of the cycle there is no vibration period. In spin mode there is just a bit of vibration, but only at the immediate area. (like when I stand at the machine!) The Oasis design is great, especially handling the high RPM's during spin! I'm still very pleased w/ mine.

• washer_man
    18 years ago

The design of the Oasis should make it very good for minimizing vibration on weak floors.

For one thing, it's "hung suspension" top loader. This type of machine doesn't transmit unbalance forces vertically, it transmits them parallel to the floor. This means that the floor doesn't get pounded like it does with a front loader.

Also, the Oasis uses Fisher & Paykel wash drum technology. Most people don't know this, but the Fisher & Paykel drum has water filled balancing chambers on both ends of the drum. It's the only top loader that has this. (except that now the Oasis has it too) All other top loaders only have a balancing chamber on the top of the wash drum, not the bottom. This means that twice as much vibration (maybe more) is cancelled out as compared to an average top loader.

So, looking at the Oasis purely from a design perspective, it should be among much the best washers you can get for vibration. It should also be quiet too, at least during the spin cycle.

I don't have an Oasis myself, so I can't speak directly from personal experience, but I'd be interested in hearing from Oasis owners that can speak from direct experience.

• msafirstein
    18 years ago

kathy; I've had my Oasis for 2 wks now and actually the machine is smaller then my FL Maytag. It is the Oasis drum that is huge not the machine.

I am a stickler for excellent rinsing and so far the Oasis has passed all my tests. I've even stopped using the Extra Rinse, except on large/heavy loads, because I honestly don't think I need it. How much detergent are you using?

One of my major complaints with the FL is that I prefer a higher water level and I could not override my machine. I chose the Oasis knowing that I would have no control over the water level. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Oasis uses more water per load then my FL did. I checked every cycle for my first 6 loads and the water level was just fine and I have done 3 heavy loads so far. Tomorrow is quilt washing day and I will post my findings.

• msafirstein
    18 years ago

The water level comment made me curiuos so I decided to do a load of wash, 3 pairs of blue jeans, 1 Xlarge sweatshirt, 2 Xlrg bath towels; 2 pairs of flannel PJs, misc socks; Dark; Med soil; Warm/Cold; Xrinse; high spin.

I waited until the agitation began, pushed STOP, opened the lid, I had to move some clothes around to get my ruler lined up, had to wait a minute or so for the water to settle after moving the clothes and measured the water level which was just a hair under 8.5" and plenty to cover this load.

• mtpro
    18 years ago

I have been looking for a new W/D for about 2 weeks now. Went to several Sears stores before I found a knowledgeable salesperson. The way the agitator works is there are holes in the bottom of the agitator which are angled towards the sides (see photos from 11/22/05 post). Water shoots up through these holes and pushes the clothes up and out towards the side of the tub. The stainless steel tub then moves in one direction and the agitator part on the bottom moves in the opposite direction. This is what the salesperson told me. It makes sense. He did a demo of the spin cycle. Very cool...very fast. But not much vibration. Just a little, but that is to be expected when it is going sooo fast. However, much less vibration than I would have expected.

Currently the washer is on sale for $1,044.99 (regularly $1,099.99) and the dryer is on sale for $949.99 (regularly $999.99) until Saturday, 4/22/06, plus when you purchase the washer you get an additional 10% off dryer thru 4/22/06. On Saturday there is an additional 12% mail-in rebate (for one day only). Then on Sunday, 4/23/06, the items go back to regular price and there is a "tiered event." Purchase one item, get 10% off; purchase 2 items, 15%; get 3 items, 20%.

I plan to go Saturday to buy the blue machines. The 10% off the dryer pays for the extra $50 per machine for color. I'll post the results of my first use later.

• washerman8
    18 years ago

mtpro,
    There is NO water shooting up from the agitator. The agitator turns one way and the tub follows, then the agitator quickly reverses causing the clothes to push upward.

If you buy Saturday, you get a 12% mail-in rebate if you use Sears plus charge. I just thought I let you know.

• talltideman
    18 years ago

So is the way the Oasis agaitates similar to any of the following machines, Calypso, Maytag Neptune toploader, or Fisher Paykel?

I am moving to a new house, and space will not allow the Oasis washer and dryer, because dryer is 29 inches wide. I measured today and side to side I have 55 1/2 inches, would need another inch or so for Oasis pair. The depth is no problem, How would this look Oasis washer and HE4t dryer on a pedestal both in blue. So basically no bending for washer or dryer, and storage under dryer would be great. Basically the dryer on pedestal would be 11 inches higher than washer. I think because they are the blue, they would look more matched than in white. Of course, they would both be lined up together in the front, with the extra space behind the washer. Does anyone remember in the early 70's Westinghouse introduced a washer and dryer (toploading washer and the dry was raised higher to make it easier to load and unload) what does everyone think?

• yzfmik
    18 years ago

"Then on Sunday, 4/23/06, the items go back to regular price and there is a "tiered event."

Sunday they are still on sale according to my info at the store. But Saturday still works out to be less money with the 12% rebate and 10% off the dryer.

"So is the way the Oasis agaitates similar to any of the following machines, Calypso, Maytag Neptune toploader, or Fisher Paykel?"

It is the Fisher Paykel drive system. Very reliable and proven.

• mattnmeplus5
    18 years ago

Hi, I am new here but found this forum very helpful in making a descision on purchasing a new washer. I did in fact do alot of research on large capacity washers. I found out about the Oasis, but the info was limited because of the newness of this item. I decided to go ahead take a gamble and buy the best one out there. Really the selling point here for me was the 4.5 cu size. We have 5 young children and laundry is crazy! I've owned this washer 2 DAYS yes 2 DAYS! and have already called Sears and instructed them to come and get it!! My first load of towels (less than the 23 kenmore says will wash, not dirty but heavy) never did more than wiggle. The washer had trouble balancing the load and kept refilling, swishing the load, emptying, then tried to spin again (so much for water savings). It took a total of three attempts for the washer to finally spin the towels and I wouldn't call them moist dry at all.They appeared and smelled clean. So on to a little more challenge, the kids clothes. I'm sooo disapointed! The babies overalls are covered in dirt from the boys jeans. And this wasn't As dirty as some clothes my old Kenmore could clean. We emptied all but 1/3 of this wet dirty laundry and rewashed the load(so much for water & energy savings). Again the sand was left in creases of all the clothes. I have four boys, That REQUIRES a good washer. I would not recommend the Oasis to anyone. I'm currently rethinking my ideas about a front loader, perhaps the LG???? Anyone have suggestions or reports about those because this problem must be solved soon I think one of the kids just dissappeared beneath a pile of laundry! Thank you, Mom of 5

• washerman8
    18 years ago

Mom of 5,
    I just received my Oasis yesterday and the control panel has a defect. This morning, I washed my decorative loveseat cover and the washer rolled it up in a ball.

After receiving my set and, constantly, thinking about whether I should take a replacement washer or just return the set, I have decided to return my set too. I just don't see this washer lasting a long time.

I have, already, called my favorite appliance store and they have the SpeedQueen set I had in stock and Friday morning I will purchase that set. It has a 3 year warranty and it may not have the style, capacity, and efficiency like the Oasis, but I know my clothes will be clean, rinsed thoroughly, and the SpeedQueens will LAST.

• dross
    18 years ago

mattnmeplus5, one thing about FLs is that the the underlying mechanism is in many ways simpler than a TL - the tumbling of the laundry through the water is a unavoidable. (Even if the drum vanes are badly designed and do not help the lift-and-drop action, the clothes still roll and tumble through the water.) With a TL there needs to be some artificial mechanism to force the clothing to move around. Traditionally this is an agitator; we're so used to agitators that we sometimes forget that moving a rod up and down in the middle of the tub is kind of an odd way to move laundry. That they work so well is a testament to years of design evolution. The newer waving plate technology is even odder.
    It is a pity that FL manufacturers have somehow managed to turn their simple technology into someting high-tech and expensive (a Staber with a water heater would be sufficient for most of us), but I'm not sure I see the advantage in switching to another expensive, high-tech technology (like the Oasis), which is ultimately more complicated, in its place.
    I have to say, if I had 5 kids I'd seriously consider a (used or refurbished) commercial FL just for the sturdiness and capacity (though the cycles tend to be too short, and they don't have heaters), or even a commercial TL. - DR

• frodobaggins
    18 years ago

Just had my Pacific Blue Kenmore Oasis quietpak9 delivered this morning. I replaced a 12 year old Kitchen Aid that was considered the top of the line years ago. All I can so so far is WOW.

I can't believe the difference. Yes, at first I thought that it wasn't moving the clothes around but I got the flash light out and was able to see enough through the fogged up top to see that the clothes were in fact moving. The 1050RPM spin cycle is awesome. My bathrobe which is very heavy Terry Cloth usually weighs a ton when I take it out of the washer. Today if felt almost like it had already been in the dryed for 15 minutes.

I was able to wash all of the bedding including a king size sheet set, 5 pillow cases and 2 King size duvet covers all in the same load. It came out clean and softer then ever.

I then washed the king size mattress cover on the Bulky/Bedding cycle and also added a small amount of white clothes as well. (Though the book says not to) The smaller pieces got balled up under the mattress cover and I think that everything did not move as freely. I guess that is why they tell you not to do this. Anyway it still came at a lot cleaner then with the old machine.

I am know washing 4 large bathroom rugs along with 2 runners. I put them on the heavy duty cycle. They all came out great.

The only issue I have had so far was with bleach. I spilled some and did not wipe it up. I always spilled the bleach with the old washer and never wiped it off the outside of the "cup". The next load I did is now the proud owner of three large bleach drops on one of the duvet covers. Thankfully it was an older one that needs to be replacd anyway. So be careful with the bleach as it will drip down into the tub eventually. At least I hope it was due to the fact that I didn't wipe it up.

The dryer is also great. I am not backed up as I was with the old one. The bathrobe in the old one used to take two loads to get dry. Now it was done in about 20 minutes.

Everything is coming out great. It all feels cleaner and softer. DH's shirts are coming out wrinkle free as well.

We were debating on fixing the old washer or getting a new one. I had time to kill between doctors's appointments Thursday and went to the Mall. Sears had the Oasis sitting at the entrance to there store and I was immediately hooked. Having never looked into a new set other then to drool over the looks of the Neptunes I wasn't sure what hubby was going to say when I brought up the subject of buying such an expensive washer. He surpised me, said OK to the washer then asked what the dimensions of the dryer were also. WAHOOOOOOO. This was an impulse purchase as we had not done any research at all. We normally spend so much time researching large purchases that by the time we decide on something it is already considered obsolete.

I am usually also one never to buy anything in the first year of production especially after the diaster we had with the 2000 Mercury Cougar. Anyway so far I am as pleased as punch.

Hope I will still be happy with them a month from now

• kathy324
    17 years ago

Sorry for the delay, I am just getting back to posting information about my Kenmore Oasis set. I had service come out and they said the water level was fine but no if you watch the load the water level does not cover it completely but the clothes do cycle through the water. Service said it was normal. I have had 4 F43 and F45 codes on my dryer. None have been fatal as they dryer starts again after restarting. Service said it is venting and not the dryer. Our laundry room is not against an outside wall so the vent goes up a wall and over the ceiling of another room and straight out. Service said since it has 2 curves in the venting and goes 30 feet that it is not proper venting for any new dryer. Not sure what I can do there since I can't move the laundry room but of course Sears will take no responsiblity. However, so far the clothes are clean, a little more wrinkled than I would like but I love the capacity and the fast drying time. The machines are bigger and taller than a normal set. You need to make sure you can open the lid to the washer if you have cabinets above. We had to pull the washer out 3-4 more inches than our last Kenmore so the lid would open properly. Another plus is I use 1/2 the recommended detergent and the clothes are clean and rinsed. I am still considering the extended warranty.

• yzfmik
    17 years ago

"Service said since it has 2 curves in the venting and goes 30 feet that it is not proper venting for any new dryer."

Do you have the dual motor dryer? If so, that answer is un-acceptable. The dual motor dryer has a sensor to compensate for a run like that. Since it has a seperate blower motor it can adjust accordingly. My vent comes out of the dryer, takes a 45 degree turn, then a 180 degree turn, another 45 into the wall, then up about 20 feet. I have noticably better results with the dual motor Oasis then my previous Whirlpool Senseon. I had the F45 once in 8 loads, I wouldn't accept services answer.

• msafirstein
    17 years ago

Kathy324; You might want to try cutting down the detergent even more. I never use more then a TBL of detergent. To avoid excess wrinkling try the lower speed spin cycles. I only use the High Spin Cycle for very heavy loads, like bulky bedding or rugs. I have not noticed an increase in drying time but there are fewer wrinkles with the lower spins.

I bought the Extended Service Plan just because the Oasis is new technology. We also live in a rural area and sometimes have electric problems and I was concerned about electrical surges damaging the board. For some reason we have the stupidest squirrels in this area. At least 2-3 times a year a squirrel lands on our transformer and blows it out.

• slyder
    17 years ago

Hi People,

After reading this forum and still have a lot of pros and cons about this NEW OASIS washer. I just purchase this washer itself. My Dryer is from the same maker Kenmore but its the older model which is fine with me. As for the washer, so far I have no problem with it except that I am not sure whether it does the cleaning. My first load was just clothes like shirts, t-shirts, 2-3 jeans and couple pillow cases. First the washer enter the wash mode and the tub spins while the water was dispense along with the detergent that was insert from the dispenser. The water and detergent was mix and dispense from the top of the tub. The tub spins Clock wise and seems like the clothes stay where they are. The second step is the Rinse cycle where the (so call Agitator) rotates while the tub spins at the same time. Not sure whether it spins in the vice versa directions as metioned above from an owner. last part is the spin cycle where it extract water out from the clothes. By this time, the clothes are done and ready for drying. all in all for Normal wash setting. It took like about 40 mins. Now, I am still debating whether the washer does its job of cleaning. Doesn't seem to move the clothes that much. Does anyone here or owners have the same questions? please let us know. I hope there is a company or a Tech Savvy who can do the reviews and ratings on this with specific photos and explaination of this new technology. thanks

• yzfmik
    17 years ago

"Now, I am still debating whether the washer does its job of cleaning. Doesn't seem to move the clothes that much."

Mine cleans great. Did you watch the agitation? The clothes have more rollover than a standard agitator model. I have washed some dirty items, and it does a great job. Far better than my Calypso did, and better than my last "regular" washer.

• dross
    17 years ago

This is the third Oasis owner reporting that clothes aren't turning over. While the obvious answers are (a) the observation is false, or (b) operator error, could there also be a quality control problem with the machines (as there seem to be in a nontrivial fraction of the dryers)? Maybe someone with a working machine should post a video (or a very clear description) of the plate motion, so that people trying to debug this error can see if their machine is functioning properly. - DR

• hisalterego
    17 years ago

only 3!!!!

A better majority of the feedbacks are saying what then?
    getting the clothes cleaned?? no way!

• dross
    17 years ago

only 3

This isn't a popularity contest! Three reports of exactly the same problem in one small forum so soon in the model's life is suggestive that there is something wrong. That 'something' could just be operator error, or it could be a coincidence, or it could be evidence of a symptomatic problem. (We know it is *not* an intrinsic design error, since there are at least as many reports of the machine working as expected.) I am just suggesting a constructive measure to help figure out whch of the above it is. - DR

• Loneangel151_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

I just had the Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer model # 27092 delivered yesterday and used it for the first time today. The washer leaked on the first load of clothes. The washer was connected correctly as well as the water line. I called Sears and they are replacing the washer. Did some research on internet on the Oasis and read some reviews, some people had the same problem I did with washer leaking, and other's said that the computer for the controls burnt out after 2 or 3 mos of using washer. I too am concern about getting clothes clean. The first and only load I did because of the water leaking was wrinkled and tangled, but yet I did as directed. Would appreciate any info anyone can offer on this machine.

• ukusa_speedfactory_net
    17 years ago

Bought a Kenmore Oasis washer from their Outlet Store (scratch and dent model) in Atlanta last week for half price, and have a problem. I keep getting an error code LF on every Final rinse cycle. It works great until it gets to the final rinse, and then it just trickles the tiniest amount of water into the drum from the top/back edge of the machine with no agitation of the drum what-so-ever... I just hear a slight humming sound like maybe the sollenoid isn't opening fully for the rinse cycle...This problem lasts for about 25 minutes then it stops and flashes up a "LF" (stands for Long Fill) message, and then I have to press stop open the lid, and manually fill the tub with water from my laundry sink hose to cover the clothes. I then close the lid press "Start" and it finally senses the water level has been reached, and it resumes the final rinse and spin. I have checked the water hoses, and there is NO blockage. However, this machine did NOT come with fill hoses and I purchased two new hoses from Lowes that were anti burst/restrictor hoses, so maybe these hoses are not allowing enough water to get through, though like I said, it only happens on the final rinse cycle. Water flows in normally at the beginning of the wash cycle so I feel it insn't the hoses. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Any info would be appreciate before I get my hubby to load the washer back up in his truck and return it to the Sears Outlet Store.

• alan_brown_bigfoot_com
    16 years ago

For anyone considering buying this, it is a top-loading (or front-loading) HE washing machine with what the manufacturer calls "canyon capacity".

The good:

1) You can put a LOT of clothes in this washer. A king-size comforter will even fit. This is due to the small agitator.

2) The spin speed is super fast and will cause you to use your clothes dryer for shorter times.

3) It has a cool-looking control panel with lots of options.

The bad:

1) Price. Very expensive. Ours was $1000 with taxes.

2) Does not clean clothes as well as much cheaper counterparts.

3) Gets unbalanced easily and wads or twists clothes, especially sheets and pillowcases.

4) Break easily, especially soon after the manufacturer's warranty ends. Ours had the main circuit boards fail at 14 months, resulting in a supposed $600 repair. We told them to go away and we bought a $300 Whirlpool washer which cleans much better and is less prone to expensive repairs. The Oasis will soon be in the landfill. $1000 for 14 months service is very poor.

Overall, don't buy this washer unless you've got plenty of money and patience.

Alan

• timgeary13_gmail_com
    16 years ago

I have the infamous kenmore calypso and will NEVER buy another hirlpool or Kenmore product aa long as I live, they on't stand behind their products!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!