Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suseyb

Bosch or Fisher Paykel

suseyb
13 years ago

I have been pouring over all of the posts here and finding wonderful information. I'm so glad that this forum is here!

We are renovating our entire house after the creek came to visit for a couple of hours in September. 3 feet of water covered the everything in the house. Unfortunately, my washer and dryer did not make it through the flooding. I had a GE front loader that was about 7 or 8 years old. It had an onboard heater, which I didn't really need since my washer is right next to two water heaters. In fact, I never did get cold water. There was a tad bit of mold on the inside rim as well.

I have 5, almost 6 kids and do a lot of laundry. I also wash cloth diapers. I cannot afford the Miele machines. So, I have been looking at the FP and the Bosch. I'm concerned about the track record on the FP wrt repairs. I know it will probably do a better job on cloth diapers. I'm unsure about the matching dryer.

Things I need:

large capacity

ability to add extra water for cloth diapers

a run time less than 2 hours for regular laundry

ability to get dirty clothes clean - we live next to the creek and my kids play in the mud and dirt a lot

ability to use all natural detergents - currently use Planet HE

Bosch or FP? Or???

Thanks so much.

Susie

Comments (3)