Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What time of the year do washers go on sale?

Posted by becks_garden (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 8:42

My %&@# Calypso is dying and I have done my research and now need to know if anyone has heard of any deals out there. I am leaning toward the Bosch but was wondering if there are rebates/sales available. If it is better to wait until after Christmas I will wait but it sure would feel like a holiday to put the Calypso on the curb :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What time of the year do washers go on sale?

Well, this Friday after thanksgiving is a day for sales. I will be shopping a few places like sears that appear to have 20% of Kenmores. Best Buy has some sales. Get a Thanksgiving day newpaper and check the flyers in it.

o

If you have an Orchard Supply Hardware near you, since they are a subsidiary of Sears, they also have the 20% off Kenmores sale on Friday, but with the added bonus of no sales tax!

o

Sept is popular for sales in that it is the end of a model year. New appliances tend to debut in October. Then there are enough exceptions to make it just about anytime that you can find a sale.

Lowes just finished another 10% off all appliances sale. They seem to run one every few months. Combined with another 10% off if you use a lowesmoving.com coupon you can get 20% off. Lowes periodically runs a 10% off your first purchase on a Lowes credit card. If the sun and moon are aligned and you can wait, you might get 30% off. This forum is a great source of sale info.

Do a web search for Bosch rebates. You'll get a sense of when Bosch runs their rebates for laundry appliances.

I just bought from Lowes but I had looked at Best Buy in Sept. and the sales clerk said they run a great appliance sale on the day after Thanksgiving. You could give it to me for free and I still wouldn't go shopping on "Black Friday". But if you are up for it, know what you want and can brave the crowds, you might get a good deal. BB doesn't carry Bosch though. They really push LG.

o

Combined with another 10% off if you use a lowesmoving.com coupon you can get 20% off.

Not necessarily. Two of us were able to use both discounts, and two of us were not (4 different Lowe's). At my Lowe's, they wouldn't do it becuase the coupon says it can't be combined with any other discounts.

o

Thanks for the input - I will keep checking this forum and the paper. I looked at the Black Friday flyers but didn't see anything terrific. I will probably wait on Lowe's having another 10% off. Let me know if you hear of anything! Thanks

o

Bosch has rebates running on their washers right now, $80-110 depending on the model. Check out their website for details.

o

Sears isn't exactly a great deal. There right back to there usual deception, and ultra inflated retail tactics. There 20% off Thanksgiving sale is an He4T @ full retail pop 1499.99 less the great 20% savings. It's sad but the machine regularly if not always sells for....guess what 1199.00, so there is no sale there.

o

I consider myself very lucky that the Lowes by me took the coupon. I got 20% off plus free delivery and haul away (by rebate) from Lowes and a $100 rebate on the washer from the manufacturer so I'm happy.

Lowes just delivered my new W&D. They installed the washer (plugged it in, connected the water hoses and the drain, balanced it). They would have liked to leave before the washer was tested but they tested it. Yes it filled and emptied without spewing water all over the place. I had sympathy for them - the electronic controls don't make it easy to know how to fill and empty the washer. Lowes doesn't install gas dryers so they put the dryer next to the washer. I'll get a plumber to install the dryer.

I've never bought appliances from Lowes. There aren't many in northern NJ - this is Home Depot country. I was pleased with them.

o

I am about to make the plunge and get my Bosch from Lowes. I know I can get an energy rebate from Bosch and I sent off for a 10% discount from Lowes. Today I looked online and Lowes is also offering a rebate on appliances. Any other great deals anyone knows of?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here