Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore Steam or Electrolux IQ Steam FL???

Posted by briejean (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 1, 10 at 1:23

Ok, I've narrowed it down to these two. The Kenmore has 4.5 cu. ft., and the Electrolux has 4.7. There are pluses and minuses with both these brands. I like the Electrolux for a few reasons...the larger size and the ability to change the direction that the doors open. I have no choice but to have the dryer on the left and the washer on the right, not the best position, as the doors open into each other. Electrolux is one of the only brands I have found that the doors are reversible. On the other hand, we have always had Kenmore appliances and have found them to be very reliable. In fact, the top loaders I have now are 13 years old and are still going strong. I want to upgrade because I like the ability to wash more clothes in fewer loads. The Kenmore set with steam is just a little more expensive than the Electrolux with steam set. So that's not much of a consideration. But Consumer Reports rates the Electrolux washing ability at only Good (a 3 out of 5) versus the Kenmore with steam which is rated as Excellent. In fact, Kenmore is the only brand that has an Excellent rating for washing ability, how well it gets clothes clean. Any opinions on which set I should go with??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore Steam or Electrolux IQ Steam FL???

The Kemore steam washer is made by LG, no longer is Whirpool making them for Sears. You may want to check out the LG steam washer. I know they have a higher spin rate than the Kenmore by 100rprms. The LG's get excellent reviews. Some have stated that it is hard to get LG service, but if you buy it from Sears, then I wouldnt think there would be a problem, prvided a service call is needed. Also, with the LG, you can buy it at either Lowes or Home depot and the extended warranty's may be cheaper to purchase. All three are good machines, I havent heard that much about the Lux's on here. Either everyone loves them or not many buy them. I too need a washer with a changable door if I stay with a Front loader. One thing I do not like about many of the dryers now a days is no matter how big the capasity is, the door openings are small. You may want to check into this as well and see if it is suitable for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here