Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
briejean

Kenmore Steam or Electrolux IQ Steam FL???

briejean
13 years ago

Ok, I've narrowed it down to these two. The Kenmore has 4.5 cu. ft., and the Electrolux has 4.7. There are pluses and minuses with both these brands. I like the Electrolux for a few reasons...the larger size and the ability to change the direction that the doors open. I have no choice but to have the dryer on the left and the washer on the right, not the best position, as the doors open into each other. Electrolux is one of the only brands I have found that the doors are reversible. On the other hand, we have always had Kenmore appliances and have found them to be very reliable. In fact, the top loaders I have now are 13 years old and are still going strong. I want to upgrade because I like the ability to wash more clothes in fewer loads. The Kenmore set with steam is just a little more expensive than the Electrolux with steam set. So that's not much of a consideration. But Consumer Reports rates the Electrolux washing ability at only Good (a 3 out of 5) versus the Kenmore with steam which is rated as Excellent. In fact, Kenmore is the only brand that has an Excellent rating for washing ability, how well it gets clothes clean. Any opinions on which set I should go with??

Comment (1)