Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Washboard integrated Sink

Posted by sjsh_mom (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 1:06

Can anyone recommend a laundry sink with an integrated washboard beside the Kohler Riverfalls? I love the sink but would love a better price.

I have found a few that are acrylic, what do you all think by MTI-any reviews?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washboard integrated Sink

This online photo is terrible but I believe this one from IKEA has an integrated washboard. I've seen it in person and it's very nice.

I don't know why, but I'm not a fan of the acrylic ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: NUMERÄR sink IKEA

o

The description on the IKEA sink is misleading. If you notice, it's opening is square, meaning that it's only thirteen inches deep, not two feet. What they refer to as depth, is the front to back opening measurement.

I don't think a thirteen inch deep sink would be terribly practical for a laundry purpose.

o

I guess the height is a matter of opinion. The OP is referencing a Kohler sink which (if I'm reading this right) has a height of 14-1/4" (which Kohler refers to as extra deep).

River Falls™ self-rimming sink with three-hole faucet drilling
With an extra-deep basin, integral washboard, and included soaking pan and wire rack, the River Falls laundry sink is the ideal utility sink for all your laundry tasks. Constructed of durable KOHLER® Cast Iron, this self-rimming model features an acid-resistant enamel finish, ensuring years of reliable performance.

25"L x 22"W
14-1/4" depth
Self-rimming installation
Four-hole drilling for three-hole faucet and right accessory

My laundry sink is 10" deep without an integral washboard and it's been great. Perfect size for what I need.

By the way to the OP, I have a Kohler cast iron kitchen sink - NEVER again. I really dislike the maintenance of the cast iron. Also, not sure how practical it would be for soaking laundry in oxygen bleach or what have you.

o
RE: Washboard integrated Sink /

To the OP, check out this lottery home in Oakville, Ontario. Done by Lynda Reeves and the design team from House & Home magazine. This is a home valued at $3,638,000. http://www.helpconquercancer.ca/welcomehome/oakville.php#

Click to laundry and take the virtual tour.

They've used all IKEA cabinets and sink/faucet for the laundry. I don't see these sinks available on IKEA US site.

Just an FYI to show how beautiful it can look even with IKEA.

I think they used this faucet:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40113383

And this sink:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S99822037

There is another option in single bowl:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49847479

Here is a link that might be useful: Lottery Home Laundry Virtual Tour

o

Check out the Corstone Model 12 Westerly.
25" x 22" x 12"
Acrylic, self-rimming, built-in washboard, several colors
I only wish it were deeper...
It's around $141.

Here is a link that might be useful: Corstone Model 12 Westerly

o

The cast iron laundry and utility sinks are enamel coated and quite safe for soaking with bleaches. I have one in the laundry area of my townhouse.

Yes, I suppose the depth of a sink in your laundry room is open to opinion, but I'd call a sink as shallow as ten to twelve inches a utility sink and not a laundry sink, because in my primary residence in the country, I have both in my kitchen. The utility sink I use as a kitchen sink and I have the deep 'laundry' sink under the pitcher pump where I need something with depth to it for soaking vegetables for canning or a sink deep enough to actually throw a load of laundry with a scrub board. It's all about how versatile you want a vessel and I need one larger than your generous kitchen sink. Somebody else may not, but I'd rather have one larger than I need than to find out after the fact it isn't big enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here