Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele W&D

Posted by jasperdog (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 11 at 0:46

We have the opportunity to buy a new but used W4840 and T9800. The washer and dryer were used at the appliance store and are now being sold as closeouts. Since they are "new" they will still come with warranty. Does $2300 for the pair sound like a reasonable price since they are technically used?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele W&D

Considering the washer with tax is close to $2,000...the price is good. You say used. Do you mean on the floor for display, or actually used for live/wet demonstrations?

o

Floor models used to do laundry at the showroom as well as demos. I would imagine for whatever laundry they acculmulate from cooking demos, etc. There are some cosmetic blemishes, but the skins will be replaced with new.

o

As long as you have a full warranty, there should not be any problems. What a deal!!!

o

Considering what I paid for them here in Canada, that's a deal for sure. I did get a free 10 year warranty with mine (which helped to ease the pain). Let us know if you get them!

o

@ jasperdog

Considering that I paid almost $4k for the newer W4842/T9802, I would say you are getting a great deal!

o

To clarify my above post, the cost was around$3,800 w/ tax and included pedestals.

o

Thanks SSV. I am currently out of town and hopefully the set will still be there when I get back. Was the extended warranty through the dealer or Miele?

On a slightly different note do all Mieles come with the hinges on the same side? I think this pair both are hinged on the right. It seems it would be more convenient to have them be opposite.

o

@jasperdog, in Canada Miele is handled differently. Everything is through them directly so my warranty is with them.

I know when they were here doing something to my machine, the tech told me all the service reports go straight to Germany and they monitor if issues seem prevalent etc ... Pretty cool.

Mine are hinged opposite. Washer hinged right and dryer hinged on the left.

o

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here