Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbi1023

How much laundry to go in the washer?

bobbi1023
13 years ago

How do I know I am not overloading the machine with clothes? I have a Miele 4842.

Generally I put the clothes in until it reaches the top without pushing down on them. Do I need to be leaving space? When the machine is washing I see the laundry is halfway up the window.

We use nice big bath towels. Can I fill the machine to the top or should I be doing it halfway or maybe three-quarters?

All my laundry is coming out clean. I am happy with the results, except for my towels. They are still rough. I have been using a powder detergent and have now switched to liquid for the towels. That has helped a bit. The powder detergent contains zeolites. I am wondering if the zeolites is staying in the towels and making them rough. The rinse water is clear.

Today I ran four towels in hot water and just washing soda. The water was clear. I dried the towels in my dryer on delicate heat cycle. Still no improvement. I can't think of anything else to do. I've changed detergents, spin cycles, water temperatures and less dryer heat. I've purchased brand new towels. They are thick and soft and I would like to keep them that way. Anyone have any suggestions for my towels? Plus, of course, my original question of how much clothes to place in the washer.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm