Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of Electrolux Touch-2-Open doors?

Posted by kris680 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 2, 10 at 23:08

Looking at the Electrolux washer/dryers and am wondering what folks think about the Touch-2-Open Doors. Do you love them? Find them annoying? Are they over sensitive or just the right about of tension?

It's a completely different door from every other vendor so I'm trying to tell if Electrolux is going to be leading the way w/this design or whether it's going to be short-lived (for whatever reason).

Would love to hear what you think if you're a Touch Door user.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of Electrolux Touch-2-Open doors?

I DO NOT like them. While they at first seem cool, they feel fragile and "gimmicky". My Wave Touch Dryer arrived with the push to open door already stuck. When we reversed the door, it got much better, but it arrived broken. Also, I like to leave the washer door ajar when the unit is not in use (never had any mold issues ever, even after 20 years using front loaders). With the Electrolux doors, they are open or shut....they will not just stay ajar. The spring mechansism is very "springy", and it just swings all the way open. Our laundry room is somewhat small, and the door being all the way open makes it very hard to move around & impossible to use the wash sink next to the washer. I think a regular door is best. Also, if this push to open door was so great...don't you think another company would use it, or adopt something similar??

o

Larsi - re. your last statement... that's kind of what I was thinking too. I have no idea why they decided to introduce this kind of door. Hmmm, maybe I need to rethink product choice. Thanks so much for your feedback.

o

I tried them at an appliance store and noticed that there seemed to be a slight delay. I pushed the botton and it took serveral seconds for the door to open ... I kept thinking I had to push it again. Didn't like them at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here