Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very limited space for stackable unit

Posted by mits3kgtvr4 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 23:05

I just moved into a new apartment that has a very small space available for a stackable washer/dryer unit. I have a vent in the ceiling and a 220 plug but only have 28 3/4" wide x 29" deep x 80" high. That does not include room for the vent/water/electric lines.

I have browsed bestbuy.com, amazon.com and a couple other sites looking for something that would be suitable but its all so overwhelming for a first time buyer.

The largest hurdle has been the depth because I need 3-4" for the vent. I am not interested in the non-vent dryers but if I could find one that vented from the top or RIGHT side I could run it across the top of the unit and into the ceiling, granted I had the clearance.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very limited space for stackable unit

The Miele is much smaller than your dimensions and would fit in there. The front to back need for the Miele minimum is 24" I believe and the dryer can be vented out the side. The actual dimensions of the washer are 23.5" wide, 21.5 deep, and about 34" tall depending on the leveling. I believe the Bosch and the Asko are similar in size.

o

You might check out the GE 24" front load washer with 2.2 cu. ft. capacity and it's companion dryer.

o

The GE would need an additional 120v outlet for the washer (and being limited to half the available wattage hurts its performance). I'd stick with a 240v washer that can plug into a same-brand 240v dryer and plug the 240v dryer into the wall, which will then power both machines. Bosch and Asko are the best-known brands offering those in their 24"w machines. The 240v washers have internal water heaters that work much faster than those in 120v washers, if the latter have them at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here