Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew47_gw

going mixed = Miele w3038 + Electrolux 50 dryer

Andrew47
9 years ago

We have the room and expect the relative large Electrolux will dry a full Miele load faster then the condesing Mieile dryer. The lower purchase price is just a bonus.

All the positive comments about the Miele seemed to be mainly about the washing machine so hopefully we're not going to be disapointed. We'll report back after a few weeks.

Comments (9)

• recordaras
    9 years ago

I purchased the W3038 and matching dryer in September, and while I LOVE the washer, the dryer to me personally is more on the "okay" side. It just doesn't wow me as much as the washer does, and at $1500 I feel like it should? It does a decent job, but if we didn't have to stack the pair, I probably would have opted for something less expensive.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the new set, and especially the W3038!

• mrb627
    9 years ago

I think you made a wise choice. I had a Miele pair W3033 and associated dryer. The dryer was the reason I gave the set up.

MRB

• Andrew47
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We've had both units now for a few days and overall we're quite happy. Two questions for the Miele owners...

1) after every cycle, there is always a few tablespoons of water inside the bottom of the rubber door gasket. There are three holes that appear to be for drainage but there maybe 10 mm from the bottom. Is this normal?

2) we have no idea for how many clothes we can stuff into the cyclinder before the cleaning performance is diminished. Any ideas?

For Electrolux owners
    1) we need to swap the drawer door hinge side from right to left. Are there any tricks to the process or is it pretty straight forward?

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Andrew-- small amount of water in the gasket is completely normal. Occasionally I find a hair or dried bits. I usually stick a paper towel or microfiber cloth there to absorb the water but not always. Though I always keep the door open.

For the most part, cylinder should be no more than 3/4 full, especially with heavy loads like towels. Don't forget there's the high speed spin. It does max out with the quited king blanket cover as that's one piece.

I don't ever jam it completely full as I want everything clean. Sensors will adjust water level but it also depends on the cycles as some have higher water levels than others.

Also, if you haven't yet seen the Miele washing machine cheat sheet you might find it helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Washing Machine Cheat Sheet

• practigal
    9 years ago

How did you arrange them, stacked or side-by-side? Does their size difference in any way impact their functionality to you? Thanks.

• Andrew47
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The dryer is on the left and the washing machine on the right. The Miele hinge is on the right so that works fine but we're going to need to swap the dryer hinge from right to left so they open each other opposing. I'll add a photo soon.

Pretty cool to see actual steam coming out of the laudry sink when running a white/hot load.

• enduring
    9 years ago

I love my Miele washer! I couldn't be more pleased with it. I use Rococogurl's "cheat sheet" all the time. I placed it in a plastic notebook sleeve and have it in a 3 ring binder, always at hand. I love the Hot wash too :)

• Andrew47
    Original Author
    9 years ago

it's been 6 weeks and all is good with no issues and are happy with both purchases. The clothes are cleaner wtih the Miele vs our old FP and the Electrolux just works. Using the cheat sheet and Persil perls. Would have liked a larger drum on a few occasions but I can also seeing doing a few more loads per week seems to stop the pile from growing too much. Have plans to swap the dryer door over the holiday but even not mirrored, the hassle has been minor.

• miele1966
    9 years ago

Do not be afraid to fill the drum with clothes. Miele washers are meant to be filled to capacity. Load the drum full, but do not pack it. Once wet, they will compact way down.