Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To stack or not?

Posted by mellyc123 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 22:25

Do you stack your washer and dryer?

Mine are currently on pedestals. However I am pretty sure I can stack them if I wanted. They just seem so huge they make the room feel so small.

I am considering having a custom pedestal made that would be half the height of the current ones or else stacking them.

Wondering if anyone with the stacked version doesn't like it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To stack or not?

I went from a front loader to another front loader, but the new ones are on a pedestal. They do seem huge. But I think part of the problem is they also stick out more than the old set. Never really thought about dealing with getting into the old front loader. However, now that I have pedestals, I wouldn't go back.

Just wondering since you do have the pedestals if you would be happy with a stacked set. If your set is one of the larger units are you going to want to scrounge around on the floor looking to see if a wet sock is stuck to the top of the washer? Also, are you tall enough to reach the dry clothes sitting in the back of the dryer? The ease of use would also matter more if you are using it everyday.

Just something to think about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here