Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry room dimensions

Posted by go_figure01 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 22:02

I have been thru most of the threads here and see some pics and some designs, but I am wondering if you can share what the dimensions of your laundry room? I do not have alot of space to work with but am interested in what is important, how much space do I need, etc. I am considering adding an area off the kitchen which I can only be 6ft wide because of lot restrictions. How long do I need it to be? Will 6ft wide be enough? Currently, I have to go out my front door, and open the garage to do the laundry. This is a MAJOR PIA and I dont think I can live w/it like this much longer. The dryer vent empties onto the front porch area which makes it very hot and of course, very dusty. Any suggestions????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry room dimensions

Figure 5' wide minimum for the washer and dryer to sit side by side. Do you need a sink in there? Do you want folding space or hamper space? Any other storage needs in there?

If it were me, I would do ~8.5x6. Place the W/D to your left or right as you come in the room with an L-shaped countertop extending from the W/D end and around the corner. I would put in full counter height double hampers in the short run (2 or 3) and maybe a sink next to the W/D. Upper cabinets could be optional.

Hope this helps!

o

Thank you mydreamhome. I follow your threads often! �
I think I can do 8.5 and that makes great sense! Thank you so much for the detail. I can start a plan!! YEA!!!

o

Hi Go Figure

Just a suggestion: look on the HOUZZ website for more laundry area ideas? Some of them are in tight spaces and amazing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here