Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dryer vent--side & back wall

Posted by lynne22 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 8, 10 at 21:46

Hi all, I have a question about a new dryer I just bought. I have limited space, and I measured before I purchased the dryer. Tonight when I got home, I went to whirlpool and was reading the installation guide, and it states that I have to have 5 1/2" in the back to vent, which I thought was about 4", but, I now don't think that's going to work for me. I can side vent, and there will be about 4 1/2" from the dryer side exhaust to the dryer vent, in the wall. My question is, if I am not venting to the back, how close to the wall can I put the dryer? Is there a hazard with it being close to the wall? It's the 7.4 Cabrio, and it's depth is 29 1/2". I have a total of 30 1/2" depth, so IF I can put that about 1-2" from the wall, would that be OK, would it be safe? They are suppose to deliver it on Monday, but the sooner I know this, the sooner I can cancel, or rethink the pair.

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dryer vent--side & back wall

The solution may be simple, get a tight clearance vent telescope. This will allow you to place the dryer as close as 3 inches to the back wall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tight Vent from Amazon

o

There are several solutions available to you. Check out my article about dryer venting.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Vent a Dryer

o

Thanks Steve, I had it side vented, and it worked out fine. It barely fits front to back, but it's got plenty of room for the duct.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here