Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying new Washer/Dryer (considering Miele, Samsung, LG)

Posted by RonEng (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 21:21

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum a lot for the past few weeks. I am planing on getting a washing machine/dryer for my first time. I would love to buy a Miele because I have heard they are very good machines. However, I am a little bit hesitant because I have read some horror stories from owners. But to be fair even the well known brands like LG and Samsung have bad reviews sometimes. I just don't like bulky appliances.

My options right now are the following: buying an used (like new) W3033 with a brand new T8003 for $1225, or a brand new W1213 with T1413 for $1100. Both of these options are through Craiglist's which I do not know if I can buy an extended warranty (through a third party company) for them. My other option will be buying a brand new LG or Samsung. I am looking for something reliable, not big (like typical American appliances), and something that can wash/dry my clothes efficiently (energy-wise speaking) and with quality.

I understand if I get the W1213, I need to get the Easy Installation Set from Miele. Could any of you confirm if that is still available? Is just "plug and play" right?

Thanks so much in advance!
Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying new Washer/Dryer (considering Miele, Samsung, LG)

It seems that you really are planning to get a Miele. If not, I have had 5 years use from a Samsung front loader. It was a frustrating experience because at first I did't know how to set it up to get clothes clean in spite of the high efficiency water and electric saving computer. Once I figured that out it has done a good job. Don't know how long it will last. It is my understanding that all modern front loaders have a much shorter life than the old top loaders (which could be counted on for 20 years of so).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here