Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bestf100

More than Pleased with my Purchase.

bestf100
12 years ago

I recently purchased a Speed Queen Horizon Front Load washer/dryer pair. This washer model does not get very much mention on this forum. However, this did not deter me in any way.

After using it it for several loads, I highly recommend this model because:

* All American made.

* Commercial grade construction. Over 50 lbs heavier than most other

washers (250 lbs). Used in laundromats.

* I am expecting double the longevity than most other washers before major

repairs are needed (15- 16 years).

* True horizontal axis drum, not a "tilted" front load drum. (More even "patch"

of water in the drum. Unlike my former Kenmore front loader. The clothes

trapped in the doorway hardly got wet or clean. I also am not getting the

severely twisted or knotted clothes at the end of the the spin cycle anymore.

* 45 minute normal cycles. No waiting 30 minutes for the washer to decide

that it is finally balanced and ready to spin.

* Standard warranty of 3 and 5 years.

I did not need a washer with more than 5 cycles. My hot water is plenty hot, so I did not need a washer to boost that either. I had to go to a distributor to buy and install it, so that may be a drawback, not going to a local store. Based on the first several loads of clothes, I highly recommend this model to anyone undecided on what their next washer/dryer will be. Wish me luck!

Comments (5)

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Thank you for the recommendation and good luck!

• mrb627
    12 years ago

I agree. I have had my SQ FL set for coming up on 2 years. They perform every function I expect of them without all the fuzzy logic. All-in-All, they have impressed me more than any other machines I have used.

MRB

• asolo
    12 years ago

Interested in this.

Can you say water-level compared with your previous FL? What I mean is, do you have an actual sealed door and show water up the glass or does it just give you a puddle like all the other FL's?

Have you measured actual wash temp on a "hot" load? Heat loss in HE/FL's has been a constant topic here.

• bestf100
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Water level is 1-2" deep. I ran the first load without clothes, so I could see what was going on through the glass door. This washer uses 14.6 gallons of water per cycle.

There is a video on U Tube of a Speed Queen owner who showed how to adjust the water level up to the bottom of the doorway. Now that, my friend was an impressive video. Almost like a mini Niagara Falls churning in that video. I saw this on the automatic washer.org forum. I believe there are Speed Queen Horizon Quantum models used in laundromats use that can more easily adjust water levels - than opening up the back of the washer. I will wait the 3/5 years until I am out of warranty, before I adjust my factory water levels.

No, I have not recorded hot water temperatures yet. Hope this helps.

• bestf100
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Water level is 1-2" deep. I ran the first load without clothes, so I could see what was going on through the glass door. This washer uses 14.6 gallons of water per cycle.

There is a video on U Tube of a Speed Queen owner who showed how to adjust the water level up to the bottom of the doorway. Now that, my friend was an impressive video. Almost like a mini Niagara Falls churning in that video. I saw this on the automatic washer.org forum. I believe there are Speed Queen Horizon Quantum models used in laundromats use that can more easily adjust water levels - than opening up the back of the washer. I will wait the 3/5 years until I am out of warranty, before I adjust my factory water levels.

No, I have not recorded hot water temperatures yet. Hope this helps.