Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More than Pleased with my Purchase.

Posted by bestf100 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 21:17

I recently purchased a Speed Queen Horizon Front Load washer/dryer pair. This washer model does not get very much mention on this forum. However, this did not deter me in any way.

After using it it for several loads, I highly recommend this model because:
* All American made.
* Commercial grade construction. Over 50 lbs heavier than most other
washers (250 lbs). Used in laundromats.
* I am expecting double the longevity than most other washers before major
repairs are needed (15- 16 years).
* True horizontal axis drum, not a "tilted" front load drum. (More even "patch"
of water in the drum. Unlike my former Kenmore front loader. The clothes
trapped in the doorway hardly got wet or clean. I also am not getting the
severely twisted or knotted clothes at the end of the the spin cycle anymore.
* 45 minute normal cycles. No waiting 30 minutes for the washer to decide
that it is finally balanced and ready to spin.
* Standard warranty of 3 and 5 years.

I did not need a washer with more than 5 cycles. My hot water is plenty hot, so I did not need a washer to boost that either. I had to go to a distributor to buy and install it, so that may be a drawback, not going to a local store. Based on the first several loads of clothes, I highly recommend this model to anyone undecided on what their next washer/dryer will be. Wish me luck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More than Pleased with my Purchase.

Thank you for the recommendation and good luck!

o

I agree. I have had my SQ FL set for coming up on 2 years. They perform every function I expect of them without all the fuzzy logic. All-in-All, they have impressed me more than any other machines I have used.

MRB

o

Interested in this.

Can you say water-level compared with your previous FL? What I mean is, do you have an actual sealed door and show water up the glass or does it just give you a puddle like all the other FL's?

Have you measured actual wash temp on a "hot" load? Heat loss in HE/FL's has been a constant topic here.

o

Water level is 1-2" deep. I ran the first load without clothes, so I could see what was going on through the glass door. This washer uses 14.6 gallons of water per cycle.

There is a video on U Tube of a Speed Queen owner who showed how to adjust the water level up to the bottom of the doorway. Now that, my friend was an impressive video. Almost like a mini Niagara Falls churning in that video. I saw this on the automatic washer.org forum. I believe there are Speed Queen Horizon Quantum models used in laundromats use that can more easily adjust water levels - than opening up the back of the washer. I will wait the 3/5 years until I am out of warranty, before I adjust my factory water levels.

No, I have not recorded hot water temperatures yet. Hope this helps.

o

Water level is 1-2" deep. I ran the first load without clothes, so I could see what was going on through the glass door. This washer uses 14.6 gallons of water per cycle.

There is a video on U Tube of a Speed Queen owner who showed how to adjust the water level up to the bottom of the doorway. Now that, my friend was an impressive video. Almost like a mini Niagara Falls churning in that video. I saw this on the automatic washer.org forum. I believe there are Speed Queen Horizon Quantum models used in laundromats use that can more easily adjust water levels - than opening up the back of the washer. I will wait the 3/5 years until I am out of warranty, before I adjust my factory water levels.

No, I have not recorded hot water temperatures yet. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here