Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amana washer NTW4880YQ

Posted by Paula12345 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 6, 11 at 20:50

I am looking at the above Amana washer. I know it's the old style washer, but would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one. Also, I would be interested in hearing from those who have tried the HE top-load washers, as well as anyone who has had both a front-load and top-load, old style like the Amana above or new HE style who can give me an honest comparison of the performance of the various types of washers. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amana washer NTW4880YQ

Going to vary from washer to washer, sometimes seems to vary even from the exact same washer.
But "in general" your best bet from what I have read in hundreds of reviews lately is a Top Loader HE without the agitator.
Front Loaders according to many reviewers and several class action lawsuits do not seem to be worth the money at all.

I have never owned one, but for IMO good reason.

Myself we chose a LG WT5101H washer 4.5cu.ft with the matching dryer LG DLEX5101.
Nothing but great reviews.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here