Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele Sensitive Powder

Posted by peteyjd (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 20:44

Dear Braintrust,

Has anyone tried Miele sensitive detergent? And if so, what is the smell like? Is it strong? Many people on this site have commented on the smell of Persil sensitive as being too strong and not being free of all smell like Tide Free for example. I am assuming that the Miele detergent is made by Henkel and therefor has similar properties to Persil. Anyone know?

Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele Sensitive Powder

I am 99% sure the Miele is made by Henkel, as that seems to be the general wisdom on the internet, but I cannot swear to it.

Persil 'Sensitive' makes me itch because it has perfume.

o

Thank you Cavimum. I believe you are correct.

I am looking for a Tide-free Persil, and not finding it. I use Persil Universal Megaperls for whites and Tide free for colors. The scent from Persil doesn't bother me on underwear. But it does on say shirts. It's not a contact allergy. I would just rather not smell it all day.

Thanks for the help.

Petey

o

The Miele powders are made by a German company called Kreussler. I haven't used the Sensitive version, but the regular and colour version are much lighter scented than Persil.

o

Thank You aamassther! I think you have solved my problem. I will give the Miele a spin. I did think it was just like Persil scent wise and therefor was circumspect about ordering. It is expensive. But now I will.

Thanks Again!

o

Glad I could help! They're more a floralish scent, that doesn't linger in the dried washing. Reminds me of detergent scents of the past.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here