Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mardo_gw

Laundry room countertop - what do you have?

Mardo
11 years ago

I"m building a new home on small acreage in relatively affluent area. My new laundry room will be approx 10 x 12 with L shaped counter surface. One wall will contain sink, FL W&D, counter, then turns into one full wall of countertop with shelves and drawers underneath. Third wall will be mostly storage cabinetry. I tell everyone that my new laundry room has edged out my new kitchen as the room I'm most excited about.

What was your choice for countertops in this typically non-public room of the house? If you chose to upgrade from laminate to quartz or granite what influenced your decision? If you had the money for higher end countertops but chose to install something else what influenced that decision?

Comments (3)

• mustangs81
    11 years ago

Frankly what influenced my decision was what the granite fabricator had in the remnant warehouse that matched my decor. I got a white 7'X2' quartz top installed for $70. I was having a granite backsplash installed in the kitchen at the same time so perhaps that influenced the low cost of the LR countertop. I am happy with the LR project.

• shannonaz
    11 years ago

I leftover kitchen granite in my current laundry room. I think the next laundry room will have stainless counters. I love the look and utility but it's a little too industrial for my kitchen. I am excited :)

• shannonaz
    11 years ago

*I HAVE leftover granite in my laundry room :)