Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to purchase Cheer Dark Formula Detergent.

Posted by nikki1004 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 07 at 19:33

HELP!!! My work uniform is now all black. Shirts, pants and aprons. My clothes are fading so fast. I wash in cold water inside out and don't dry them most of the time. On occasion I will dry them only on gentle. I live in Central Florida and connot find Cheer Dark Detergent anywhere. I have emailed Procter and Gamble and they can't help other than telling me to ask my local grocery store to start carrying it. I also have searched online at many stores to order it but it seems a mystery who carrries it. PLEASE HELP. I can't afford to keep buying new work clothes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to purchase Cheer Dark Formula Detergent.

I've seen it all over around here but if you can't find it in your area, that's the best suggestion. Talk to your local store and ask them to order it. Even if you work a deal to buy a case of it if they'll order it or something, it's probably only 4-6 bottles. But if the store has any say on what they carry, they'd probably carry it for you if you ask.

I tried a quick internet search, but didn't find anything... even tried ebay! I'll post back if I find anything.

Good luck!

o

nikki1004,

If you can't find cheer dark, try regular cheer or another detergent that does not contain optical brightners. I think the optical brighteners can cause your black items to look faded.

If you have faded clothes you no long feel look good, you could try dying them black again using the dyes often found in grocery stores or wal-mart/Target.

Joe

o

Joe is right, just use the regular Cheer.

Consumer Report did an article on the Dark Formula and found that it cleaned well but didn't protect darks differently than regular Cheer. Neither Cheer product contains the optical brighteners.

o

I found Cheer dark online at soap.com with free shipping over $39. It is also only $6.65 for a 50oz. bottle.

o

I live in Alberta Canada north of Calgary I would like to know where to purchase Cheer dark formula

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here