Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eieioshop

Electrolux Washerrs - Water Heater built-in or no water heater?

eieio8
13 years ago

I just purchased an Electrolux washing machine and am interested in knowing if the machine has a water heater or not.

I'm interested due to the fact that in the winter months, the cold water from the tap is very very cold, much colder than the minimum 20 degrees Celcius that is stated on the label of Persil Powder, Megaperls, and Gels.

It implies that in water colder than 20 degrees Celcius ( = 68 Fahrenheit), that the Persil detergent in ANY form (powder/megaperls/gel) will NOT perform "up to specifications". It's just logical since the box of detergent clearly states that.

The Miele machines have a water heater that heats up super cold water up to a more moderately cold (but still obviously cold) temperature, just not letting frigid water just come into the washing machine. That's smart!

I'm unsure as to whether if the Electrolux washers have a water heater or not and if it does, whether or not it heats up ultra cold tap water to a more moderate cold range.

Thanks in advance for any information on this.

Comments (6)

• georgect
    13 years ago

If your talking about the IQ or WaveTouch models of the Electrolux's made fore America...yes they do have built in heaters.

They also have ATC (Auto. Temperature Control) which regulates water temps. as they enter the machine. Premixing hot and cold to match predetermined minimum temps. for each Hot, Warm or Cool water temps.

• cynic
    13 years ago

Although it may have a heater, the more important question is when will the heater operate? Some only work on a santize cycle so unless you "sanitize" every wash, it's not operating. Kind of a waste of money in that case.

• georgect
    13 years ago

In a letter I got from Electrolux asking about this very topic, they responded as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Electrolux Major Appliances. We apologize for the delay in response. However our washer units are equipped with an internal heater and when the unit is operating on the sanitize cycle the heater maintains a set temperature of 152 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, the unit has an automatic temperature control so when the unit is operating and using a cold water setting the heater will automatically turn on if the water drops below 65 degrees Fahrenheit. When operating and using a warm water setting the heater will automatically turn on if the water drops below 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When operating and using a hot water setting the heater will automatically turn on if the water temperature drops below 120 degrees Fahrenheit. In closing the spin RPM for the Electrolux washer is 1350. If you have any further questions about the appliances please contact us at 877-435-3287. We are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. EST. Thank you for considering Electrolux Major Appliances."

So yes the heater will kick in if temps. fall below a predetermined minimum setting.

• suburbanmd
    13 years ago

So the Electrolux warm setting is 78F? Then it can't do a true warm wash, rather it has a choice of two different cold washes, one of which is labeled "warm". This is surprising, but it also isn't -- warm washes are weighted heavily in the DOE energy tests (55% if I remember correctly). Electrolux gets the $250/unit tax credit, you get the tepid "warm" washes.

Also, notice the different phrasing used in the description of the sanitize cycle, compared to the cold, warm, hot description. The sanitize cycle will guarantee a certain amount of time at the set temperature of 152F, to meet certification requirements. The regular cycles, in contrast, will turn on the heater during the wash cycle if the water is too cold, but they'll end the wash cycle at the scheduled time, even if the water is still too cold. If your hot water tap runs cold at first, you might never get a 120F hot wash on Electrolux's short wash cycles.

• HU-280230680
    5 years ago

I recently purchased an Electrolux washer. Am not getting hot water upon fill when set on hot wash cycle. I do get hot water when using sanitize cycle. This rules out any hose or external issues. The machine most likely has a motherboard issue not triggering the solenoid to allow hot water during the fill on hot and warm cycle. Only cold water is going into the machine. I am sending machine back and getting another brand. So much for quality on a $1200 washer. I think Electrolux needs to work on quality control or just stick to vacuums.