Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MY Love/Hate Relationship With a Samsung

Posted by nerdyshopper (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 18:50

5 years ago I bought a Samsung WF448 washer to replace an aging Maytag top loader. It was my first experience with a front loader. I was shocked to learn there was so much to hate about this washer. The instructions were so poorly written that I had a very hard time interpreting them. Then I found out about the electronic brains that ran the washer. It seemed that it was mainly interested in rationing water, especially hot water. It took me a couple of years to discover how to get our clothes clean: Sanitize cycle with Chlorox in the dispenser and Tide soap in its dispenser set to liquid or solid soap and run on Sanitize cycle with extra wash and extra rinse. That did a good job. For colors I used Tide and extra wash and extra rinse and set it to a heavy soil level regardless. Took two hours and 3 minutes. After 4 years I learned from a service man that dealt with Samsung that I was using way too much soap. With water rationed to less than 13 gallons I was still living in the top loader era where a fill took 40 gallons. I cut my soap to a couple of tablespoons and it worked. No more foam from washcloths when squeezed after first wetting it. I am having beautifully clean clothes and saving on soap. And I'm in no hurry for it to finish. So now I love this machine. My only hope is that it will hold up for another decade (but it probably won't).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MY Love/Hate Relationship With a Samsung

After reading the horror stories about Samsung washers below, I decided to take a 3 year warrantee extension offered by Sears where I bought mine. At least that gives me protection from a fatality for another 3 years. Hope I never need to call them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here