Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nerdyshopper

MY Love/Hate Relationship With a Samsung

nerdyshopper
10 years ago

5 years ago I bought a Samsung WF448 washer to replace an aging Maytag top loader. It was my first experience with a front loader. I was shocked to learn there was so much to hate about this washer. The instructions were so poorly written that I had a very hard time interpreting them. Then I found out about the electronic brains that ran the washer. It seemed that it was mainly interested in rationing water, especially hot water. It took me a couple of years to discover how to get our clothes clean: Sanitize cycle with Chlorox in the dispenser and Tide soap in its dispenser set to liquid or solid soap and run on Sanitize cycle with extra wash and extra rinse. That did a good job. For colors I used Tide and extra wash and extra rinse and set it to a heavy soil level regardless. Took two hours and 3 minutes. After 4 years I learned from a service man that dealt with Samsung that I was using way too much soap. With water rationed to less than 13 gallons I was still living in the top loader era where a fill took 40 gallons. I cut my soap to a couple of tablespoons and it worked. No more foam from washcloths when squeezed after first wetting it. I am having beautifully clean clothes and saving on soap. And I'm in no hurry for it to finish. So now I love this machine. My only hope is that it will hold up for another decade (but it probably won't).

Comment (1)